Friday, March 3, 2017

[2017.03.03] LEON LAI WANTS TO IMPROVE MORE

courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of on.cc

Leon Lai Ming yesterday attended the Hong Kong Entertainment Expo press conference as its ambassador. Host Akina Fong Kin Yi praised Leon's outstanding performance last year. He was not satisfied as he said, "The performance wasn't great, I want more improvement." He won the applause of the audience. Leon had many golden quotes in a few minute conversation with the host. Fong Kin Yi said that Leon's fan page already had 330,000 fans in a year, a "god class" performance. Leon said, "I am just an ordinary person. Honestly, if I was god class, I wouldn't have to participate in the Entertainment Expo. Because I am a part of it, I am still in the labor class. So I came to participate. I am a working class person, I still have to work."

Leon humbly said that he was both a singer and movie star, but many people have done better than him. He might come in last and hoped that the audience would support Hong Kong entertainment, because every year the promotional work has been tough and he might not catch the eyes of the audience. Speaking of this year's slogan "Get into the Scene", Leon said, "I think it's very lame, like the words that Community Chest and the TVB Tung Wah charity show would use when I just started. (Doesn't that prove that it is always suitable?) It's not always, if you can't do it in the end it would lose the meaning of always. We have to innovate." Leon hoped everyone would continue to support Hong Kong until a talent will appear and again lead Hong Kong to create even more brilliant performance. Was Leon's tongue twister promotion innovative? Leon said that it had nothing to do with innovation, it was just a promotional gimmick. Leon's early concert theme was penguin, which animal would he choose to describe Hong Kong entertainment? He said, "I have to share this. Because the event stipulated that I have to choose bee, I was thinking what relationship did penguin and bee have. Penguin only needs to answer to 10,000 or so viewers, but I can't possibly change the entire industry. Bee may represent everyone's group planning and team work, but we ultimately are human. There is no reason for us to stop being human and be bees."

No comments:

Post a Comment