Tuesday, March 14, 2017

[2017.03.15] BOSCO WONG, ANNIE LIU JOIN SHAW

courtesy of singtao.com


Bosco Wong, Michael Wong, Ron Ng
courtesy of mingpao.com
Bosco Wong thanks Elaine Lok for her cultivation with a kiss
Terrorists suddenly appear and hold Elaine Lok hostage
Annie Liu says Elaine Lok's sincerity moves her
Susanna Kwan and Hugo Goh joins Shaw
Shaw and Youku invest on a web drama
courtesy of on.cc

Shaw Brothers film yesterday held the Hong Kong International Film and Television Market press conference to announce the official signing of Annie Liu (Lau Sum Yau), Hugo Goh (Ng Doi Yung) and Susanna Kwan Kuk Ying as its artists. Bosco Wong Chung Chak after Wong Cho Lam will join Shaw and establish his own office. Shaw Brothers executive director Elaine Lok Yi Ling stressed that she wanted to take Wong Chung Chak's company public, which gave him a lot of pressure.

Each new addition received a Shaw golden plaque and three new comers Yao Weitao, Wong Jik Fu and Mo Kai Wai were introduced. Shaw Brothers also will work on Youku on a over HK$ 100 millon web drama FEI FU GIK JIN with Wong Chung Chak, Ron Ng Cheuk Hei, Michael Wong Man Tak, Oscar Leung Lit Wai. They were dressed as the SDU and performed a criminal capture scene.

Wong Chung Chak's work schedule was filled until 2018. Lok Yi Ling even said that she would take his company public. Wong Chung Chak said that going public would be very stressful. He hoped to work for a few more years first, but Ms. Lok was very relaxed. Bosco said, "We talked about some work direction, it would depend on the timing. Earlier at the meeting I already knew that we have 10 projects on hand. My motto is there is only one life and one person. I might not work too much, but all the projects are very attractive. I would wait until I finish the jobs on hand. I am interested in production too. The company givces me a lot of freedom, I can choose what I want to do. (Would you sign artists?) I want to, I will think about that after work."

In the future Wong Chung Chak would be busy with work for seemingly a lot of compensation. He joked, "No one would think they have too much money, the more I work the more I get. I am different from Lau Sum Yau. It's all about money for me. (Are you saving up for a wife?) I have a dog, a home, Ma spends a lot. She is always on vacation and I don't get to go. I make money she spends it. (Would you invest in the office yourself?) It would depend on the production."

Sum Yau was asked how long would the collaboration be? She said, "I am not at liberty to discuss that, but I would have a lot of space to develop. I will make films and web drama, have a chance to work with different nations. Ms. Lok was very sincere. We are all about trust. I didn't ask for any special condition. (Is the salary very attractive?) Of course both sides are very pleased, but money isn't the focus. (How much more is the salary?) It's not just money, they are very sincere."

No comments:

Post a Comment