Sunday, March 5, 2017

[2017.03.05] KARA WAI RECEIVES OSAKA HONOR

courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of on.cc

Kara Wai Ying Hung after winning Best Actress with HAPPINESS (HUNG WON SI NGOR) at this year's Hong Kong Film Directors' Guild Thursday again received good news yesterday in Japan. Sister Siu Hung received the 12th Osaka Asian Film Festival's Osaka Asia Star Award, the first female star to receive the honor as she brought proud to her fellow Hong Kong film workers. Taiwan star Joseph Chang Hsiao-Chua and Japanese star Masatoshi Nagase have received the honor in the past.

Sister Siu Hung of course felt happy about her performance career being recognized again. At the same time she said that as a Hong Kong artist, to be able to be recognized for her acting around the world truly was something to be very proud of. "I very passionately love film, when I was younger I wanted to be a star. Luckily the dream came true. At age 16 I began my performance career, in ten years I made over 120 action films. Actually I was already all broken and bruised but I still persisted, because through film I was able to communicate with different people and filled me with self confidence." At the Osaka Asian Film Festival, Sister Siu Hung's film MRS. K was invited to be the opening film. She sad that this was her final action film. "Because my injuries are already preventing me to be able to perform what I considered the most superb action, I will make dramatic films. Last year I made a very meaningful film that I really liked, HAPPINESS. The film was related to the Alzheimer's disease, unfortunately my Mama had this illness and earlier left me. I hoped the general public would be able to care about this illness and have their understanding."

No comments:

Post a Comment