Sunday, March 15, 2015

[2015.03.16] CHARLENE CHOI WINS BUT WON'T BE PROUD

courtesy of singtao.com

Director Herman Yau accepts the award
courtesy of mingpao.com
Brother Wa congratulates Ah Sa on her Special Mention Award with a kiss to her hand
Simon Yam and Charlene Cho attend five audience appreciate events
courtesy of on.cc

At the 10th Osaka Asian Film Festival that closed yesterday, Charlene Choi Cheuk received a "Special Mention Award" with SARA (CHOR GEI) reportedly because Ah Sa's character displayed different layers of depth in her performance. Her daring performance was a challenge to both her singer identity and career and transformed her officially from music idol to outstanding actor. Thus she was worthy of the honor. Producer Chapman To Man Chak after receiving the good news praised Ah Sa.

Last night Ah Sa and Simon Yam Tat Wa attended five audience appreciation events. When they arrived at a certain Tsim Sha Tsui cinema, the audience congratulated Ah Sa and she was all smiles. She revealed that she just received the director's call with the good news. Of course she was very excited. "The recognition of the jury was a milestone for my performance career. Of course I am happy with the award, but I am happier about many viewers liking it. It is more valuable than winning an award. The box office is decent. Thank you director, Brother Wa, and every viewers of the film. Every encouragement is my great motivation."

Brother Wa also congratulated Ah Sa. "The international award to Ah Sa is a motivation to explore even newer things, but I hope she won't be too pleased with herself." Ah Sa promised, "If I win but I won't be proud, if I lose I won't give up. (Will you be willing to gain weight for future roles?) If the characters require it I would, this is a part of being a professional actor. I really admire (Nick) Cheung Ka Fai and Brother Wa for getting fat when the characters call for them to. I have to personally thank them for how meaningful they have been." In addition, the Osaka Asian Film Festival Best Actress went to Thai star Preechaya Pongthanankorn. Taiwan film MEETING DR. SUN won Best Film and the Audience Award.

No comments:

Post a Comment