Sunday, February 21, 2016

[2016.02.22] MAINLAND CHINA REFUSES TO BROADCAST HONG KONG FILM AWARDS OVER TEN YEARS

Fruit Chan has not seen TEN YEARS and declines to comment
courtesy of mingpao.com

Director Fruit Chan Gor yesterday attended an event. He said about the film TEN YEARS' critical and commercial success, "I haven't seen it, but I heard that it made HK$ 6 million at the box office. That meant that it certainly had appreciation value."

Reportedly Mainland China has refused to broadcast the Hong Kong Film awards over the politically sensitive TEN YEARS' nomination. Chan Gor said, "It's such a big deal? It might not be censorship, only its ideology is inappropriate. Since I haven't seen it yet I won't comment. (Would you make fewer sensitive subject films?) I wouldn't, it's just for fun. Earlier when I made THE MIDNIGHT AFTER (NA YEH LING SUN, NGOR JOR SEUNG LIU WONG GOK HOI WONG DAI PO DIK HUNG VAN) everyone said it was political, but it was just a science fiction dark humor comedy."

No comments:

Post a Comment