Friday, April 8, 2011

[2011.04.09] EASON CHAN ENJOYS NEW WHITE COLLAR EXPERIENCE

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

MR. & MRS. SINGLE (YUN FUN NAM NUI) director Patrick Kong (Yip Lim Sum) led Eason Chan Yik Shun, Rene Liu (Lau Yeuk Ying), Bai Bing, Harlem Yu Ching Hing and others in the Mainland promotion. Although the schedule has been intense and everyone did not get enough rest, everyone was united in working hard for the film and hoping for a good performance. Yip Lim Sun thanked the cast for its valuable time. "Actually they are all very busy, but they are willing to sacrifice other jobs and rest to promote this film. I really appreciated them from the bottom of my heart. After the shoot, no one had the chance to get together again. This time through the promotion everyone is reunited, which is truly very joyous."

Playing a white collar worker in the film, Chan Yik Shun everyday wore a suit and a tie as he lived the nine to five life, which was completely different from belonging to the stage in reality. However he thought this life was rather refreshing. "When people in general don't understand the life of an artist and I complain to friends outside the business, no one can relate. In the same way, when friends who are working on their careers complain to me, I don't understand much either. However in these months I experienced life in the office and thought it was very refreshing and very stable. Everyday I worked with the same group of colleagues, everyone was like a big family, very warm." Eason seemed to enjoy office work. When asked would he miss before getting into the business? Eason shook his head, "no! I only enjoy office work in these few months. My favorite remains singing and acting. Sometimes when I work several more days in a row I still don't get tired. Interest is my biggest motivation."

Yip Lim Sum arranged for Eason to have two different looks in the film. One was with a old fashioned glasses look and the other was a cool and trendy look. When Eason tried the costumes, he put on wire frame glasses and old fashioned hair. Everyone could not help but laugh when they looked at him. The director said, "I have been waiting for this reaction from you, he is playing a outdated man. When he appears the audience has to get a brand new feeling. Your reaction states that this costume is very successful. Later, as the story develops he will return to his usual handsome way."

No comments:

Post a Comment