Friday, June 17, 2011

[2011.06.18] GE YOU HAS NO INTENTION TO ASK FOR A RAISE

Ge You and Huang Xiaoming

Doze Niu, Ge You and other winners toasted

Doze Niu
courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of singtao.com




courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

The 11th Chinese Film Media Award two nights ago took place in Macau. Ge You with LET THE BULLETS FLY won Best Actor. Best Actress went to CROSSING HENNESSY's Tang Wei. The stars after the ceremony attended a post party.

Also winning the "Hundred Media Salute Filmmaker of the Year" Ge You was in a decent mood after winning two awards and thought that making three movies in a row was not a wasted effort. However he stated that he would never make three movies in a year again because it truly was too tough. Would he either ask for more salary or time to rest and enjoy life? Ge You said, "I leave salary for them to discuss, I for now don't have any plan. I am just living, being an actor is waiting for chances." "Viewer's Choice Most Eye Catching Actor" winner Huang Xiaoming said that he of course was happy about winning, but he did not call anyone to share the joy. Would he call girlfriend Angelababy? Huang Xiaoming said, "I still haven't had the time." In recent years they have been busy on their own, did they have very little time to see each other? Huang Xiaoming said, "We won't until the new film."

Fiona Sit Hoi Kei won the "Viewer's Choice Most Eye Catching Performance". She thought this was a great encouragement. Was she disappointed that she did not win Best Actress? Sit Hoi Kei said, "No because usually big productions would win. We already treat the nomination like a victory. I won't compare myself with others." On stage she shared her joy with Jaycee Chan (Fong Cho Ming). She said, "Fong Cho Ming is a good co-star, finding a compatible actor is very great. In my film career so far I am the most compatible with him." In addition Director Doze Niu Chen-Zer with MONGA won the Best New Director award. He honestly said, "I am a veteran filmmaker, I don't know why I would win a new director award. Yet seeing Teacher Jiang Wen's victory I feel very fulfilled. My luck with awards hasn't been good."

Would Director Doze ask for a raise? He humorously said, "Usually I am the boss, I would only charge less!" He is preparing for his new film LOVE and will work with Ethan Juan (Yuen King Tin) and Mark Chao (Chiu Yau Ting). Because the story will revolve around love, he believed that they will be more relaxed than when they worked on MONGA. Although he thought that they were tired of each other but destiny always put them together. Due to his decent relationship with Carina Lau Ka Ling, he joked that earlier while he was in Hong Kong he dined with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment