Wednesday, June 22, 2011

[2011.06.23] 68 YEAR OLD JIMMY WANG FORCES DONNIE YEN'S HANDS


courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of takungpao.com

In Peter Chan Ho Sun's film WU XIA, the sect leader role did not have much screen time but was an important character. He once wanted Chow Yun Fat but he knew that Chow Yun Fat might not take it. However at the time he could not remove Chow Yun Fat's face from his mind until art director Yee Chung Man mentioned Jimmy Wang Yu. Because Big Brother Wang thought this character was good, he lowered his salary and said that one dollar was enough.

Wang Yu revealed that the first day of work originally was not so smooth, after communicating with the director he realized that Donnie Yen Chi Tan was taking care of him. He said, "On my first day I saw my double and I was very angry inside, treating me like an old man. Although I am already 68, every morning I would run for 40 minutes, lift weights for 100 repetitions and do 100 push ups. At the time I went over to Chan Ho Sun and said, I wouldn't use a double, let me fight, even wire work would not be a problem for me. Yet Chan Ho Sun told me, Yen Chi Tan was not the most afraid of me unable to complete the action but of not daring to strike me. He hoped that I would forgive him. Later in one scene he needed to strike at me, I directly went to him and viciously upset him. If he was not vicious, then I was. Later I upset him so he began to
fight."

No comments:

Post a Comment