Wednesday, June 1, 2011

[2011.06.02] VONNIE LUI ASKS FOR MILLIONS TO PROMOTE?

courtesy of on.cc

Vonnie Lui Hoi Yan during the 3D SEX AND ZEN: EXTREME ECSTASY (3D YUK PO TUEN ji GIK LOK BO GAM) promotion won over boss Stephen Shiu Yeuk Yuen because she was willing to cooperate. Yet later she claimed due to enormous pressure she began to lose control and started to "cover up". Earlier she went with the team to Cannes and saw how successful the film was. When Stephen Shiu Jr. asked her to promote in Thailand, she immediately replied with a seven figure "promotional fee" demand via a text message.

Stephen Shiu Jr was stunned and did not comment. Siu Yan continued to shut off her phone and remained out of contact. The film company has already dumped her and confirmed to head to Thailand on the 6th with Hiro Hayama, Tony Ho Wa Chiu and Leni Lan Yan. As for future productions, the film company has also taken a "laissez-faire approach". Reportedly Stephen Shiu Jr has already informed company employees, "Use her if she is right, don't go out of your way."

Since returning from Cannes, Siu Yan has kept her phone off and did not even post online. She seemed to be disillusioned with show business. She said in Cannes, "I am too tired, it's time to rest. I would go to school and learn a trade. (Are you worried about your previous effort being wasted?) I am not worried, I am very easy going. In the future if the right script arises I would think about it then." Siu Yan's so-called pressure came from the media coverage. She referred to rumors of her renting a place in Sham Shui Po, "I grew up there, I never moved. I always lived with my family. This isn't true."

Hiro Hayama honestly said that he too could not find Siu Yan. Speaking of her retirement from show business, Hiro Hayama honestly said, "I won't make another category III erotic film, if I do I would be in big trouble. I want to try something new too. Right now I am in negotiation for a Mainland film. (Did you ask the film company for promotional fee as rumored?) I wouldn't do that, initially the contract was written like that. If other people wanted a bonus then let them, it's not my problem."

No comments:

Post a Comment