Friday, April 26, 2013

[2013.04.26] ROY CHOW REFUSES TO COMPROMISE

Roy Chow hopes to break out and make different genres
courtesy of on.cc

The Hong Kong Film Award Best New Director winner Roy Chow Hin Yeung directed MURDERER (SAT YUN FAN) and NIGHTFALL (DAI JUI BO), both of which left deep impression. Earlier with NIGHTFALL he finally won an award and absolutely is one of the new generation director to watch! However Roy did not worry too much about awards or fame. He said, "If I say I don't care about awards at all I would seem very fake, but the fact is I really like making movies too much. I care the most about making a good movie, which is more satisfying than winning an award." He also said that he must insist on principle in his creations. "I can't mind from the start that people won't be able to accept it, I have to insist on my principles. My movies definitely isn't a movie that compromises!"

Before becoming the director, Roy worked with producer Bill Kong Chi Keung and director Ang Lee. Roy did not forget to thank them. "Many very successful and outstanding people cultivated me, from them I learned the serious production attitude and the passion for film."

No comments:

Post a Comment