Tuesday, April 2, 2013

[2013.04.03] CHAN SUK FUN: GIVING TONG TONG SPACE IS RESPECTING GOR GOR

No one can replace Leslie Cheung's spot in people's hearts
Two nights ago at the memorial night, Chan Suk Fun appears with Daffy Tong to thank the audience
Jacky Cheung praises Gor Gor as a very intimate friend
Tony Leung Chiu Wai became good friends with Gor Gor while working on HAPPY TOGETHER
Carina Lau talks about working with Gor Gor as if he never left
Leslie Cheung fans may only watch the monitors but are just as enthusiastic
courtesy of mingpao.com

For the 10th anniversary of Leslie Cheung Kwok Wing's passing, manager Chan Suk Fun after completing for him the two show MISS YOU MUCH LESLIE concerts yesterday went to Po Fook Hill to pay her respect to Gor Gor with Japanese "Gor fans". After holding back her tears for days, she finally succumbed under the influence of fans who went to pay their respect despite the weather.

Daffy Tong Hok Tak two nights ago appeared on the Hong Kong Coliseum stage and gave three bows to the audience with Chan Suk Fun. Although he did not speak, he already expressed his appreciation inside. Chan Suk Fun said, "After so many years, actually this pain is very hard to pull out of. However he has already taken a giant leap, which puts me at ease and is what comforts me the most." Speaking of Tong Tong's room being caught on camera, Chan Suk Fun admitted that she rarely read magazines but hoped everyone would give Tong Tong some space, which was also respecting Gor Gor. "If needed, during official events Tong Tong would stand still for everyone to take pictures. There is no need to disturb his personal life. If you respect Gor Gor, then you would let him live properly!"

Chan Suk Fun revealed the final message that Gor Gor left her but led to Mainland online speculations. She said, "'I can finally have a proper sleep' is only a transition, bringing out the lyrics of FOR FRIENDS is the most important. Because I don't know how to express myself, I made it into a music video. Gor Gor wanted everyone to know that if they understood him they would overcome their sorrow and happily live everyday." She urged everyone to put the folded origami cranes into the collection boxes before April 10. "Although the Guinness Record has already been set, I still hope to satisfy the fans' '1956912' mission and make the entire event even more perfect." Speaking of damages to Gor Gor's sculpture, Chan Suk Fun said that it will be repaired and hoped that everyone would cherish it while taking photos.

At the concert two nights ago, many artists shot videos to discuss Gor Gor's life. Jacky Cheung Hok Yau said, "I never think that Gor Gor has passed, especially since he has left so many great on screen work. Even over 10 years I still feel he is very close to us." Kit Chan Kit Ling also did not admit Gor Gor's passing. "As a star, as a friend, he absolutely could be a role model. I miss this best friend and the most admired person of mine very much."

Kelly Chen Wai Lam remembered receiving the Best Female Singer award from Gor Gor. He even taught her how to act personally. Her eyes were all red as she said, "Back then when I made AND I HATE YOU SO (SIU CHUN CHUN), Yee Chung Man asked Gor Gor to teach me acting. I never expected him to agree right away. I remember in one scene (Aaron) Kwok Fu Sing and I had curry. At the time I went to Gor Gor's home for the first time, I was very nervous. His home was very pretty, in addition he already finished reading the script long ago and even came up with several different performance methods for me."

Carina Lau Ka Ling said, "I miss you very much, one day we will meet again." Tony Leung Chiu Wai said, "In front of the camera he was a very professional actor. Behind it he was a very sincere, very simple person. Because of movies we often communicated and met overseas for long periods, we became familiar. I don't know where Gor Gor is, my only wish is that he can be happy."

Tony Leung Ka Fai folded origami cranes as he said, "I was East Evil, he was West Poison. I still remember the difficult and intimate moments in the below zero degree desert, days of drinking and dreaming everyday. When I was Tung Sing, he was Sai Jau. We had a chance to sing and dance together, which made me understand he was an all purpose person...acting, singing, even writing lyrics on the spot, he made me understand what a poem in seven steps was. I am very happy to see everyone here, remembering an old buddy who has left for 10 years."

No comments:

Post a Comment