Thursday, April 11, 2013

[2013.04.12] WIN WIN FOR BEST ACTORS AARON KWOK AND NICK CHEUNG

Aaron Kwok and Nick Cheung work together for the first time but already are considered friends who can talk about anything

Aaron Kwok is just as serious and hard working in singing and acting
Nick Cheung reveals his fear of rats and cockroaches
courtesy of mingpao.com

Two time Golden Horse Best Actors Aaron Kwok Fu Sing and 7 time Best Actor Nick Cheung Ka Fai do not have to be in a deadly rivalry when they get together. They can be win win and be CONSPIRATORS (TUNG MAU) together! Sing Sing after the Oxide Pang Shun directed THE DETECTIVE (C+ JING TAM), THE DETECTIVE II (B+ JING TAM) recently in the final chapter CONSPIRATORS (former title A+ JING TAM) turned into the Thai detective Tam, who with the newly added Malaysia detective Cheung Ka Fai teamed up to investigate a murder. Despite working together for the first time, they admired each other. Privately they had common friends and loved for sports cars. They were friends who could talk about anything.

A: Kwok Fu Sing, N: Cheung Ka Fai, R: Reporter
R: You both love super sports cars. When you worked together on the movie did you have a lot of common topics?

A: We talked about cars, but I told Ka Fai not to drive fast. Buying a super sports car was not a problem, but everyday it should be driven at 70 kmph. Safety first, hahaha! We both agree that the other is a friend that we can talk to, privately we can talk about anything and everything. We also have common friends. During the Lunar New Year we just dined with Shum Ka Wai (I.T. fashion boss and Chingmy Yau Suk Ching's husband) and Anna Ueyama. Actually the world is very small, but Ka Fai and I don't run into each other often. Maybe because of his family he isn't very active. He is a responsible person with family concept.

N: Sing Sing told me, he regretted to have this addiction very much having bought so many expensive cars, hahaha!

Exchange Pleasantries, Pleasant Collaboration

A: It's all Ka Wai's fault, hahaha, Ka Wai is very wealthy, now he even got (Shawn) Yue Man Lok into it.

N: I deliberately didn't rat on Ka Wai, but you had to rat on Ka Wai, hahaha! Sing Sing and I already knew each other before we worked together, but during the shoot Sing Sing was a very serious and hard working actor. Another pleasant surprise was that he took great care of his co-star. I am very afraid of rats and cockroaches. While shooting on location in Thailand, Sing Sing drove them away for me without scaring me and tricking me. His singing is already great. He is a king of the dance stage, what reason does he have to compete for a living in the film industry? It's so unfair, he is really greedy, hahaha!

A: Ka Fai is very funny, even his serious expression is funny. His acting is great. Before the shoot he did all his homework, when he arrived at the set everything went very smoothly. So our collaboration was very pleasant.

Dangerous Scene, Sing Sing Hurts His Back

R: Both are Best Actors, did you have any pressure from competing in acting?

N: Collaboration is about exchange, not a fight in the ring or anything individual.

A: Right, film production is about collaboration.

N: However, in the film many of our scenes together had a lot of sparks. In the film we went from strangers to investigating a case together, speculating about the other and arguing, also because of the argument we became an united front, the process was pretty explosive; in particular during the argument scene rain kept coming down and we were afraid that we couldn't finish. Thus everyone was very focused.

A: The film also had many action scenes, we each had our share. Ka Fai in the film played the Malaysia detective who knew how to fist fight, like alternative Wing Chun he could challenge (Anthony) Wong Chau Sun, (Tony) Leung Chiu Wai, even (Donnie) Yen Chi Tan would be afraid just from seeing it, hahaha! My action was dangerous, I had to jump from a three story high elevated train tracks to the street food stall below. I had to complete it in one take so it was highly difficult; in one scene the reactionary bullets were too strong, I felt like I was shot. The reactionary bullets left my back all red. I had to rest for a few minutes before shooting again. Actually it was very dangerous, if they blew up a second sooner they might have injured the eyes and the skin. Also a large truck crashed into my car, we had to be very careful when we tested the mark, otherwise we would have been crushed.

Light Character Went To Ka Fai

R: Sing Sing, you played the same character in all three films of THE DETECTIVE series, did you feel bored?

A: Playing the character with changes actually is very hard. In addition it has been over a year or two years since the last film, I had to dig back up a lot of the character's pieces. It took a lot of effort. Also I had a connection with it. Because when Pang Shun wrote the script back then we haven't worked together yet. Due to friends we have dined together before. He thought that I had a cute sense of comedy at certain moments so he magnified it in the character, which became Detective Tam.

R: Ka Fai, this film extends from the lead, Sing Sing's character Detective Tam. At first were you worried that your character would become a supporting role and consider turning this film down?

N: I instead looked at the script. When I knew that I could work with director Pang Shun and Kwok Fu Sing, I also considered that I have never played the detective genre; the character was lighter as well, so I had great interest. Thus I decided to accept this film. I also calculated that in recent years my movies were heavier, this time was a good chance for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment