Wednesday, April 10, 2013

[2013.04.11] LOUIS KOO PROMOTES IN THE MAINLAND WITH A MASK

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of singtao.com
Keung Ho Man, Louis Koo, Gordon Lam, Eddie Cheung, Berg Ng
courtesy of mingpao.com

DRUG WAR (DUK JIN) two nights ago held its Hong Kong premiere. The film was released in Mainland for a week and already made almost 100 million yuan at the box office. The Louis Koo Tin Lok's performance even received Mainland film critic praise as a representative work. He joked, "I am not dead yet!" As for the rumored box office theft of DRUG WAR by THE CHEF, THE ACTOR, THE SCOUNDREL (ticket to another movie was sold for the movie and the box office went to the film with the title on the ticket; due to different accounting rate for each film, the cinema could get more of the share) Goo Jai was upset. "If I see who steals the box office I would hit him. The case is still being investigated. I have heard about box office theft before, this time I am its actual victim."

H7N9 bird flu broke out in the Mainland. Goo Jai later will promote in Tianjin. Two nights ago he returned from Shanghai. He did not feel that the pandemic was not too severe three but he still wore a medical mask. His mother even gave him a big pile of disinfectant products. Goo Jai said, "I discussed the pandemic prevention with Mainland reporters. Ordinary people's prevention knowledge has been elevated, but on my flight I ran into a class of Hong Kong elementary school students went to Shanghai for an exchange. They didn't wear medical masks."

Reportedly, to target box office theft, the State Administration of Radio, Film and Television was considering the systems in the film industry peripheral to strictly control and treat the cinema box office theft behavior. So far it is full speed ahead. Some industry insiders suggested that the box office theft cinema should be closed for 90 days as a penalty or have no new cinema in two years.

Gordon Lam Ka Tung with COLD WAR (HONG JIN) was nominated for the Best Supporting Actor Hong Kong Film Award. He said, "The competition is strong. Master (Alex) Man Chi Leung has fire, (Ronald) Cheng Chung Kei won the Golden Horse, I guess my chance is 50/50. This year I have to host as well. I am very nervous. I am thinking about the dialogue even when I am in the shower."

No comments:

Post a Comment