Tuesday, May 21, 2024

[2024.05.22] RAYMOND LAM LEADS THE GANG TO THANK THE AUDIENCE WITH FLOWERS

Tony Wu, German Cheung, Raymond Lam and Terrance Lau present flowers to thank the audience
courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of singtao.com

courtesy of mingpao.com

Artists Raymond Lam Fung, Terrance Lau Chun Him, German Cheung Man Kit and Tony Wu Tsz Tung attended the 520 special audience appreciation screening of their movie TWILIGHT OF THE WARRIORS: WALLED IN (GAU LUNG SING JAI JI WAI SING) in Tsim Sha Tsui last night and prepared roses and heart shaped balloons to give to the audience for the occasion. Speaking of the movie's box office already exceeding 66 million after three weeks in release, the four guys expressed great joy. Lam Fung said, "It really has exceeded expectation. I have heard many good reviews, and the audience continues to support the film. I feel very happy. As a part of Hong Kong film, I see a movie that everyone like and would really go to the cinemas to support it. Box office figures are actually very important. The movie went to the mainland and had good box office; it even went to Cannes. I have met so many viewers from different countries and I can really tell that they like this movie." As for the online call for the four of them to form a group and release a song, he joked, "Let's see if they want a fast or slow song. I feel we can fight while singing, or we can sing Boss Koo (Louis Koo Tin Lok)'s songs." The film has already confirmed that it would become a trilogy with DRAGON THRONE and THE FINAL CHAPTER on the way. Lam Fung pointed out that THE FINAL CHAPTER would be about the story after the four of them afterward. He was happy that Hong Kong film would have another film series. The four of them would continue to train and prepare for the movies.

Lau Chun Him also said that some foreign viewers also told him, "Waiting for a comeback", feeling like they have been waiting for Hong Kong films for many years. That message made the four of them feel very encouraged. "I believe it hasn't been easy on anyone, and it's not like we can definitely make a good movie just because we want to. It requires timing, location and people. I feel this time is a new beginning, which doesn't mean that TWILIGHT OF THE WARRIORS: WALLED IN is the best. I feel it has given Hong Kong film a shot of confidence, so we can all keep going." His character in the film Shun Yat made him very popular, reportedly he would get a movie UNDERWORLD (SHUN YAT JUEN). He has heard about it but not yet received any information. If the opportunity would present itself, of course he would want to. As for attracting a large group of female fans who called themselves "Mrs. Lau", he joked, "If you scream Mrs. Lau, my Ma would probably respond the loudest. Ma would think you are calling her."

Cheung Man Kit explained when he would break down when the film received 10 minutes of applause after its Cannes screening. "I was very moved, the applause took away my soul. I was very emotional, thinking why don't you stop! I can't take it anymore. Actually when the last song played I would feel it, I wouldn't be able to hold it. So whenever I hear that song I would be very sensitive." Would he hope to be able to remove his mask in THE FINAL CHAPTER? He said, "It doesn't matter to me, wearing the mask might be able to help with certain feeling. I haven't really minded it."

Speaking of Wu Tsz Tung being mistaken for Tony Leung Chiu Wai in Cannes, he admitted that he was not aware of the incident but revealed that Wu's English name was also Tony. Lau Chun Him said, "At the scene I heard many people screamed Tony. We thought perhaps Leung Chiu Wai came too!" Lam Fung pointed out that indeed many people at Cannes liked the character Wu Tsz Tung played. Tsz Tung was surprised to receive everyone's attention. Currently he very much looks forward to starting work on DRAGON THRONE (LUNG TAU) and THE FINAL CHAPTER (JUNG JEUNG). He also looks forward to the quartet's training and experience on their own, just like what the feeling would be like when they would reunite in the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment