Friday, May 4, 2012

[2012.05.05] LO HOI PANG: FEMALE COMPANION IS CASUAL

courtesy of on.cc
courtesy of mingpao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

The Hong Kong Film Award Best Supporting Actor Lo Hoi Pang two nights ago celebrated with his fellow ENJOY YOURSELF TONIGHT alumni.  Attendees included Ng Lai Chu, Mak King Ting, Yu Mo Lin, Liu On Lai, Liu Kai Chi and Chan Man Yi, Felix Wong Yat Wa and Leung Kit Wa.  Brother Pang's often co-star Meg Lam Kin Ming even brought two bottles of red wine to congratulate him.

Brother Pang after winning the award earlier immediately returned to Zhuhai for Johnnie To Kei Fung's new film.  At the time To Sir already treated him to dinner.  After that Brother Pang also celebrated with his family.  His grandson even played with the award at his home.  As for everyone calling him the light of EYT, Brother Pang humbly said, "No, Chi Jai won it a long time ago.  However we are the artist training class' five most famous, including Chow Yun Fat, Ng Man Tat, (Ringo) Lam Lan Tung, Ng Yun Chuen and me.  The earlier ones all won awards already.  Ng Yun Chuen went behind the scene, leaving only me.  I thought I had no chance left, but then they gave it to me too.  (After the award do you have more film offers?)  It's always been around the same, the problem is whether I want to or not.  I just want to have a little fun.  (Will you get a raise?)  Don't say that, what would the raise be for?  How much can it go up?  However some outside the film industry like READERS' DIGEST dragged me to present awards, and more people ask me for interviews."

Brother Pang on the award night said that he would visit Best Supporting Actress So Hung Suen but so far he still has not have the time.  Sister Suen reportedly lost a toe to diabetes, Brother Pang said, "She didn't pay attention to her diabetes!  I have had diabetes since 1987 but I know to keep an eye on myself, I don't dare to eat much rice.  All along I was able to control the condition, otherwise I might have complications that would be hard to handle.  Several of my friends got 'nailed' that way."  He said, a long time ago he saw Sister Suen at a film promotion.  At the time she was already very thin and had no energy when she spoke.  However he did not know whether she had diabetes or another illness.  Brother Pang said, "Don't think you would be fine just because you are vegetarian."  Aside from controlling his condition with medication he also watched his diet.  No matter how delicious the food was he would only have a little more than half a bowl of rice.

In addition, a magazine caught Brother Pang with a woman.  He asked, "Is she really a woman!  (You were caught going to a coffee shop?)  No.  Sometimes viewers would come over.  This stuff is very casual, even
so it wouldn't stir up too many waves!"

A friend of Jacqueline Law Wai Guen, Liu On Lai said about Sister Guen's condition, "She is great, she is fine.  (She was rumored to be hospitalized?)  She has always been in and out of the hospitals because she needed scheduled appointments.  I don't know why such rumors would surface.  (Did Sister Guen mind?)  I don't know if she minds or not but as a friend hearing such information I would be worried.  However she is
amazing, very positive.  For anyone with a religious belief they can pray for her."

Liu On Lai also praised Brother Pang as the light of EYT.  Although she rarely acted anymore, if she had a chance she would like to again because she would be very happy at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment