Friday, July 19, 2024

[2024.07.19] STAR ASIA AWARD RECIPIENT NICHOLAS TSE HOPES CHINESE LANGUAGE FILMS WOULD CONNECT WITH THE WORLD

Nicholas Tse hopes to develop different products and take his brand all over the world
courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of singtao.com

The film CUSTOMS FRONTLINE (HOI GUAN SIN JIN) has received a lot of attention from international film festivals. After becoming the closing film of the 26th Udine Far East Film Festival in Italy, it was invited to participate in the 23rd New York Asian Film Festival. The winner of the highest honor of this film festival, Star Asia Award, is none other than Nicholas Tse Ting Fung! The event took this opportunity to commend Nicholas Ting for his outstanding performance and significant contributions to the film industry over the years. Ting Fung flew to New York to attend the event and receive the Star Asia Award!

The 23rd New York Asian Film Festival kicked off a few days ago. Ting Fung flew to the city to attend a series of promotional events and personally accepted the Star Asia Award. He shared his feelings about winning the award. "I hope to use this rare opportunity to bring Chinese-language films to the world. Action movies are the most barrier-free type of body language. Over the years Hong Kong movies have been popular all over the world mainly because of this barrier-free body language. Due to the popularity of special effects in recent years, everyone seems to have become more dependent on special effects. I hope that through RAGING FIRE, CUSTOMS FRONTLINE, or movies in the future, we can once again introduce Hong Kong action movies to a new generation. This is a very important spiritual existence!"

For the first time he was both the lead actor and action director in CUSTOMS FRONTLILNE. Ting Fung said, "In addition to being an actor, I have been involved in different positions including action, editing, camera placement, etc. When it comes to which one I like, I think music, food, and movies are all channels for me to express my creativity!" Would he consider becoming a director in the future? Ting Fung responded, "I think the most important thing is that action movies also need to tell stories. Actions should serve the emotions of the characters. So far in my movies, what the directors let me to do the most is action. Different characters have different storytelling methods. Whether I will work in other positions in the future I haven't decided yet." Ting Fung, who has been seeking a breakthrough in movies, shared his personal experience. "You must put your true love in this career. I have been putting it in more than 25 years so far. I still plan to continue and hope to do my best every day. I don't think anyone can escape this fate: keep practicing and keep seeking progress!"

When asked if he would bring his brand "Chef Nic" to the U.S., Ting Fung stated that of course he would like to, but he would need to slowly prepare for that. He hoped to be able to develop different products to take to the entire world.

No comments:

Post a Comment