Friday, July 12, 2024

[2024.07.13] ANITA YUEN WORKS ON LUNAR NEW YEAR FILM IN MALAYSIA

Anita Yuen and Miko Wong make a fresh pair as mother and daughter
courtesy of on.cc

Malaysian Goddess Miko Wong says that her palms are sweating from working with Best Actress Anita Yuen
courtesy of mingpao.com

New Malaysian goddess Miko Wong Kit Kei recently even made the jump to the big screen, teaming with Anita Yuen Wing Yee on the Malaysian Lunar New Year comedy film MOM'S BIG NEWS (OMG! AH MA YAU HEI) to play daughter and mother. Earlier the film held a production start ceremony in Kuala Lumpur. The film would be the second investment of Ng Kin Hung's Local Production Co. Ltd. after LITTLE RED SWEET (HUNG DAU). The Malaysian film has been slated for a Lunar New Year release next year. Ng Kin Hung on social media said that he was not too familiar with the Malaysian market yet, so he was exploring, learning from the production, watching other people's production and marketing methods. Once good opportunities would appear in the Hong Kong market, he would be able to apply what she learned and continued his film journey. He revealed that he personally invited good friend Yuen Wing Yee to play the Mama with an unexpected pregnancy.

Speaking of making a movie in Malaysia for the first time, Len Len said, "The script attracted me. I don't know anyone (the cast and the crew), but I really wanted to make a subject without regionality like childbirth. (Did you charge a friendly rate?) No, I haven't built up friendship with everyone yet. I am fully pleased with the salary." Len Len did not respond whether her husband Julian Cheung Chi Lam would visit the set; but some online discovered that while promoting his mainland variety show on social media, the posts came from Malaysia. Thus someone commented, "He is keeping Sister Len Len company on her movie set."

Playing Yuen Wing Yee's daughter, Miko said, "When I learned that I would work with Best Actress Yuen Wing Yee, I felt very nervous. In addition when I had scenes in which I would have to perform opposite her, I would be so tense that my palms would be sweating. I have already read the script and made the full preparation before hand. I didn't dare to hesitate as I hoped to be able to properly perform. I have always wanted to show everyone my different directions." Miko revealed that she planned to come to Hong Kong to work while attending acting classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment