Monday, May 7, 2012

[2012.05.08] SHAWN YUE ALMOST LOSES HIS LIFE IN A CAR STUNT

courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of takungpao.com

The Johnnie To Kei Fung produced, Soi Cheang Bo Shui directed MOTORWAY (CHEH SAU) will be released in June in Hong Kong.  The film starred Shawn Yue Man Lok, Guo Xiaodong, Barbie Hsu (Tsui Hei Woon), Gordon Lam Ka Tung, Josie Ho Chiu Yi, Anthony Wong Chau Sun and Wilfred Lau Ho Lung.  The team of Wong Chau Sun and Yue Man Lok reminded people of INITIAL D (TAU MAN JI D) as an extension of the classic.  This film even held the first appearance press conference in Beijing yesterday.  Cheang Bo Shui, Wong Chau Sun and Yue Man Lok attended.

Speaking of the film's many difficult and dangerous car stunts, Yue Man Lok said, "For the first scene of the shoot, the director asked me to drive fast.  Originally I was to drive that car, but in the last minute he said that he was asking a professional to drive it once so I could clearly see the route.  Who knew that the car was crashed just like that!  I was lucky!"

The trio was very interested in this film's subject, in particular Cheang Bo Shui and Yue Man Lok felt like he could not put his interest in cars down.  "Men love cars like women love diamond.  Women don't understand why men love cars like this, but men truly see it as a treasure.  When they see pretty cars their eyeballs would automatically radiate, like when women look at diamonds."

Speaking of Chau Sun and Lok Jai working together again, Chau Sun said that Lok Jai was much more mature than before.  "Lok Jai now treats me much more.  On the set he would buy a lot of coffee for me, he knows how to take care of me."  Lok Jai laughed and said, "That is because I know we constantly have to wait on a Cheang Bo Shui's movie.  I know you would get impatient.  To make my production days easier I kept taking care of you the best I could!"  Lok Jai also seriously said that his first film was with Chau Sun as well.  Every time he has been able to learn from Chau Sun so he saw Chau Sun as his elder.

No comments:

Post a Comment