Sunday, July 9, 2023

[2023.07.10] A GUILTY CONSCIENCE DIRECTOR NG WAI LUN WANTS TO WORK WITH CHAN KIN LONG

Chan Kin Long welcomes Ng Wai Lun's invitation to perform and waits his call to action at anytime
courtesy of mingpao.com

A GUILTY CONSCIENCE (DUK SIT DAI JONG)'s director Ng Wai Lun and actor and director Chan Kin Long yesterday attended the "secondary school mini movie competition" award presentation and advised students who are interested in joining the film industry to not give up. The duo said that from the student they saw shades of when they just started in the business. Ng Wai Lun revealed that he his personal experience of a few words of encouragement from elders, which truly was able to save lives; Chan Kin Long agreed that only when he received encouragement did he have motivation to keep going.

Which elders encouraged them back then? Ng Wai Lun said, "Directors (Gordon) Chan Ka Seung and Chan Hing Ka taught me a lot when I just got into the business." Chan Kin Long joked, "Everything Director (Fruit) Chan Gor has said had to be 'bleeped' as the words can't be repeated." The duo has never had the idea of quitting. Once they decided to get into the business they have confirmed that they wanted to take this journey for life, planned to create until death.

Ng Wai Lun said that the writer Lilian Lee Pik Wa has said that no matter how a film would perform it would spend everything every time. Even the film he directed, A GUILTY CONSCIENCE, was fortunate enough to become Hong Kong's highest grossing film, the future would still have many challenges. "I probably wouldn't challenge the lowest Hong Kong film box office. Ultimately this business is a lot of fun, has a lot of things that can continue to be explored. Actually I also don't mind to continue being a screenwriter, many people asked me after becoming a director would I keep writing scripts? I have never closed this door, it's only a matter of time."

Would you make a GUILTY CONSCIENCE film series? Ng Wai Lun said, "I believe it wouldn't be a sequel, as I am coming up with a new story. As for whether it would be with the original team, for now I can't reveal that." He said that he was interested in working with Chan Kin Long. He joked, "It's very hard to find an actor who resembles a Wise Guy in Hong Kong. I know Chan Kin Long himself is very kind, but his appearance has this flavor. So I want to have the chance to work with him." Chan Kin Long joked, "Wise Guy I am OK with, anytime."

No comments:

Post a Comment