Tuesday, August 29, 2023

[2023.08.30] NG SIU HIN CREDITS BEN YUEN FOR HIS NEW STAR AWARD

courtesy of on.cc

Ben Yuen and Ng Siu Hin play father and son in STAND UP COMEDY and get along on and off camera.
courtesy of mingpao.com

The One Cool Film and Emperor Motion Pictures release STAND UP STORY (SUET SIU JI YUN) starred Ben Yuen Fu Wa and Ng Siu Hin. STAND before its release has already received the 17th season Asian Pop Up Cinema's award in Chicago, as Ng Siu Hin and Yuen Fu Wa respectively received its Bright Star Award and Pinnacle Career Achievement Award. The film would make its world premiere at the film festival on September 16th. The two would attend the event and accept the awards.

Yuen Fu Wa said, "Thank you to the team, without everyone's persistence this film would not be able to overcome all the hardship during the pandemic and be completed." He also wanted to thank every actor who took part in the film, especially his on screen son Ng Siu Hin. "He is a smart actor, and even an actor who is very willing to contribute. Early in our preparation, he was already prepared to be a family with me, so during the official shoot building the father and son relationship was very easy." He also thanked director Au Cheuk Man. Whether discussing the screenplay or on the set the director would prove his trust with action and patiently listened to his suggestions, giving him a lot of space and degree of freedom to interpret this role.

Ng Siu Hin said that he was very grateful to thee film festival for this award. He said, "Being able to receive an award, of course I am happy and grateful. The honor belongs to Ben Gor (Yuen Fu Wa). He has always been very willing to teach me a lot. We have worked hard together on the movie, no matter what I wanted to do he would be supportive and conceive ideas. Thank you very much Ben Gor. Almost with every actor who has played my father in a movie, my father would like a photo with them. This movie happens to be about father and son, which has left the deepest experience, impression and joy with me. I hope this father and my father would get a photo together soon. Earlier I saw Ben Gor in an interview mentioned that I constantly played pranks on him, but he is always playing pranks on me too. He is always wearing a white tank top and saying that he looks a lot like Korean star Rain, I want to through this opportunity to tell Ben Gor, 'Not even a little!'"

The Broadway Cinematheque on September 7th would hold a STAND UP STORY stand up comedy special screening. This would be the center's first film and comedy cross over event. The audience would be treated to Hin Jai, local comedians Vivek Mahbubani and Tim Chan's live performance. Hin Jai said, "Stand up comedy is harder than a comedy film performance in that you have to make the audience feel that you are conversing with them, and also make them laugh. This time I would only have a few days to prepare. I would give my all to loosen up the audience and laugh a little, then they would enjoy my film STAND UP COMEDY."

No comments:

Post a Comment