Thursday, September 17, 2026

[2026.09.18] STANLEY YAU HITS HIS FIRST INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL RED CARPET IN TORONTO

Vivian Sung and Stanley Yau promote their new film in Toronto

Lokman Yeung stars in DEAD END opposite Hedwig Tam and Maggie Siu (circle)

Anson Kong (right) will bring WE'RE NOTHING AT ALL to Los Angeles next month

Edan Lui says that Ali Lee's acting opens his eyes

Kitty Yuen denies being rich as she says that she still needs to make money
courtesy of on.cc


The Stanley Yau starred THE END OF GOODBYES premieres at the Toronto International Film Festival and he dresses up for the red carpet

THE END OF GOODBYES director Edmund Yeo (left) with Stanley Yau, Vivian Sung and Lixuan Siow share their production experience

Kitty Yuen and Edan Lui make a heart pose
courtesy of mingpao.com

Each MIRROR member have been busy with their own tasks. Yesterday Stanley Yau Sze Chun attended the premiere of 'THE AGE OF GOODBYES' at the 'Special Screening' section of the 51st Toronto International Film Festival. His first appearance at an international film festival brought support from Hong Kong fans. Yau Sze Chun revealed that one of the biggest challenges for the film was the accent, with continuous language training before and during filming. Group mate Edan Lui Cheuk On attended an event yesterday with Kitty Yuen Siu Yee, and according to rumors he would star in a sequel to 'CHILLI LAUGH STORY (HOP GA LAT),' which will be released during next year's Lunar New Year season. Lui Cheuk On has not heard about this and will consult producer Sandra Ng Kwan Yu for confirmation. Busy filming the Hong Kong version of "LONG VACATION," he revealed that the shoot would wrap up at the end of October and preparations for the MIRROR concert will begin in November. If he would really make a New Year film, he would be willing to sacrifice sleep time.

Yesterday Yau Sze Chun attended the premiere of 'THE AGE OF GOODBYES' at the Toronto International Film Festival yesterday with Vivian Sung and Lixuan Siow, and director Edmund Yeo. The group dressed up for the red carpet. Yau Sze Chun walked the red carpet at an international film festival for the first time, with Hong Kong fans flying there to show their support. He revealed that it would be his first time watching 'THE AGE OF GOODBYES' on the big screen, and he described the work as very beautiful and inspiring. "One of my biggest challenges for me was the accent. Besides Mandarin and Cantonese, the Chinese dialogues had to convey a Malaysian Chinese accent that matched the story's time and character's background. From before filming to during the shoot, I received continuous language training." The female lead Vivian Sung also for the role studied Malaysian Chinese, Cantonese, and Hokkien dialects six months before filming began with a teacher. She revealed that when she received the invitation, she faced the dual challenges of the role and language and was at a loss of confidence for awhile. She asked the director many times, "Do you really think I can do it? I'm really not sure if I can do it." With the director's trust and encouragement, she gradually let go of her doubts and got into character. When Stanley and Vivian Sung learned that AGE has also been selected as this year's Golden Horse Film Festival opening film, the arrival of double happy news made them and the creative team more than excited.

Yau Sze Chun's group mate Lui Cheuk On attended a brand collaboration event in Kowloon Tong yesterday with Yuen Siu Yee and others. Lui Cheuk On was busy filming ViuTV's Hong Kong drama "LONG VACATION" with Ali Lee Kai Sum. He revealed that no intimate scenes have been filmed yet, praised the crew's attention to detail as they arrange to shoot light and simple scenes so actors could gradually adapt to the environment and rhythm. He praised Lee Kai Sum as a "super good partner," and said that her quick immersion into the character left him in awe. "The first time I met her with the director she felt unfamiliar, greeting and exchanging a few pleasantries about the drama production. When reading the script and auditioning, she was more refined. I didn't expect that once filming started, she completely changed into a different person. Her personality was so cheerful, positive, and proactive, perfectly fitting the character and made me wonder if it was her true nature or if she was just immersed in the role -- I feel that's so great."

There have been rumors that Louis Koo Tin Lok has started filming the sequel to the Lui Cheuk On starred CHILLI LAUGH STORY, which would be scheduled to be released in next year's Lunar New Year season. He said that he has not heard of this and would consult producer Ng Kwan Yu for confirmation. "With less than half a year until Lunar New Year, the series will shoot until the end of October, and preparations for the MIRROR concert will begin in November. If we would really make a New Year film, I wouldn't mind sacrificing sleep time.'

Siu Yee and MIRROR captain Lokman Yeung starred in the stage play THE RETURN OF SIU LUK, which would be adapted into a film. Andy Lau Tak Wah would invest in and produce the film, Herman Yau Lai To would direct, and the film would be scheduled to be the Lunar New Year film for next year. She was delighted that the stage play she starred in would be made into a movie, so being able to bring together the original cast was truly rare. "Wah Jai liked the script of this stage play and had the right to replace everyone, but he liked us too. I'm truly grateful to Wah Jai."

Would she feel any pressure carrying the movie as its lead actress? Siu Yee said she was the female lead in the stage play, but wondered how the movie version would be produced as there might be some additions or reductions. "I haven't received the script yet, so even adding more people would be a good thing. (Are you afraid that your role would be diluted?) I don't mind. When you watch the stage play, it feels like I'm the female lead. Actually, the roles are very balanced. I don't know how the movie will be arranged, but I'm really looking forward to it."

Siu Yee said that if Lau Tak Wah would participate, she would definitely applaud in support. "I don't think I've ever acted with Lau Tak Wah before. I want to interact on screen, I have no problem with comedic and kiss scenes, but when it comes to serious romance scenes, I just can't handle it. Just hearing about it makes my hair stand on its ends." Her nonstop work earned her the nickname "multimillionaire woman," but Siu Yee denied it and said, "It's okay to say it, as long as everyone is happy. I definitely have money but not enough to earn money to buy flowers to wear. I have to keep earning to get by, but it's not as hard as before. Ah Jeng (Bonnie Wong Ching Yi) is the real earner; she has many commercial gigs, and her annual salary should be more than 5 million."

Also attending film festivals would be MIRROR's captain and vice captain Lokman and Anson Kong Ip Sang (AK). Developing decently at the film industry in recent years, Lokman starred with Hedwig Tam Sin Yin and Maggie Siu Mei Kei in the film DEAD END (BEI SAT DIK NA TIN). Earlier the film was selected for the 31st Busan International Film Festival "Vision Asia" competition segment and would hold its world premiere there next month. Lokman in the film would play a role that required him to face extremely complicated emotions. He was happy about having the opportunity to attend an overseas film festival and looked forward to watching the film with viewers from different places. As for the AK starred film WE'RE NOTHING AT ALL (NGOR MOON BUT SI SUP MOR), the film has also announced 3 special screenings and film interaction event. He would personally attend and has already planned to interact with fans there

No comments:

Post a Comment