Tuesday, April 5, 2011

[2011.04.06] LOUIS KOO INJURES HIS LEG FROM CATCHING DEMONS

courtesy of mingpao.com

courtesy of takungpao.com

The Wilson Yip Wai Shun directed all new remake of the classic film A CHINESE GHOST STORY (SIN NUI YAU WON) will open on the 28th. Playing Yin Chet Ha in the film, Louis Koo Tin Lok's most memorable scene was when he had to catch 12 demons. Goo Jai said, "The director made me into a demon catcher. A professional demon catcher often had to be agile, unfortunately I successfully caught the demons but injured my leg." After the injury Goo Jai did not know how severe it was and kept going in pain. Then around dinner time, he saw his leg was both swollen and in pain, Louis Fan Siu Wong was worried that he injured his ligament and urged him to return to Hong Kong to see a doctor.

Because the film was in the middle of the production, it could only shoot more important scenes first so Goo Jai could rest. Unfortunately one of the important scenes made Goo Jai's injury even worse. The scene required Goo Jai to be tied to a tree. Goo Jai recalled, "At first I thought only my upper body was tied up so the injury would not be affected. However as soon as I moved my injured leg I would be sweating bullets from the pain. After the shoot when the workers carefully lowered me down, I was in so much pain that I was on my knees and could not stand up for a long time." The director gave him a few days off to return to Hong Kong for treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment