Wednesday, October 9, 2024

[2024.10.10] TONY LEUNG WANTS TO PRODUCE AND STAR AS HE ENTERS THE FINAL STAGE OF HIS ACTING CAREER

Tony Leung Chiu Wai recently visited Bhutan and hiked for 7 hours.

Tony Leung Chiu Wai pointed out that there were so many scripts that he was invited to act in that he never even read them.
courtesy of on.cc

Despite being the Best Actor, Tony Leung Chiu Wai has not made many commercial.
courtesy of singtao.com



Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Carina Lau hold hands lovingly and attend an event.

Tony Leung Chiu Wai and Carina Lau visit Bhutan again. They wed there 16 years ago.
courtesy of mingpao.com

Best actor Tony Leung Chiu Wai attended a bank commercial press conference the night before. His wife and manager Carina Lau Ka Ling accompanied Wai Jai to the stage, and the two appeared hand in hand. Having been in the industry for 42 years, Wai Jai revealed that he would produce movies and serve as a producer and actor, so that he would be better able to develop his personal ideas and creations.

Wai Jai said that he has not made a Hong Kong commercial for a long time, and this time he felt that this bank could be regarded as the icon of Hong Kong. Speaking of financial management, Wai Jai bluntly said that he was not good at it. When asked if he would leave it all to Ka Ling? He said that he left it to professionals at the bank. "Just like leaving the acting to me; (Others) wouldn't know more about acting than me." However, Wai Jai also bluntly stated that the reason for participating was that there were two talented people who he has worked well with, Wing Shya and William Chang Suk Ping. They had mutual confidence in working with each other and felt very happy.

When asked if Wai Jai would take on more commercials in Hong Kong, Wai Jai said that it would depend on fate. Many people are looking for him for films, but he would also have to like it; it has to have a good script first. As for his next film, Wai Jai revealed that he was planning to produce it himself as well as serve as a producer and actor. "I have been in the industry for 42 years, and waiting all the time is not an option. I have to be more proactive. For example after reading novels, literature or characters I like, I really want to play them. If I have an idea, I can put it into play and then let a group of people create it to make it happen." Was it already in progress? Wai Jai said with a smile, "I am on vacation, and it will be next summer at the earliest. I have an idea now, and I am brainwashing the director with it. However I couldn't say which director yet. I would make a movie that I like. The subject hasn't been confirmed either, because of all the changes being made. Anyway, it would be great to watch! It's a feature film and a little action. I would produce and perform it myself, but I don't know how to direct." Wai Jai knew that the responsibility of being a producer was very important. Even if he would fail, he would not pass the responsibility to others. He was not afraid of hard work. "Making movies is my pleasure. I have been in the industry for more than 40 years. I believe I have reached the final stage of my career as an actor. Although I don't know how long it will be, I still want to do what I want to do." Wai Jai emphasized again that at the moment his plan was still preliminary and has only started for a week. He would still have to wait for the script and team formation to see if it would actually be able to be implemented. It was not something that could be done in a day or a half, otherwise it would be very sloppy.

Wai Jai recently returned from a trip to Bhutan where his wedding was held with his wife Ka Ling, was this trip to get inspiration for movies? Wai Jai said that he only visited Bhutan because of his vacation. After the wedding that year, he actually went to Bhutan again to film a scene. This time he went in a vacation mood. "You can see nature, climb mountains, and go up to an altitude that is more than 2,000 meters. In addition there aren't many tourists. Returning to the old place brings back a lot of memories. The magnetic field there is also good, and it feels so comfortable and peaceful to leave the city." Wai Jai flew from Bangkok to Bhutan, and he said happily that it had been a long time since he has been to Thailand. It felt so good to be able to enjoy delicious food.

Speaking of his previous trip to Germany and Hungary to shoot the foreign film SILENT FRIEND, Wai Jai on the recommendations of the director watched a lot of movies and also had the opportunity to visit museums and art galleries. He also made many new friends and gained a lot.

"Frequent flyer" Wai Jai revealed that his next stop will be Tokyo to serve on the jury for the competition unit of the "37th Tokyo International Film Festival". During this period, he will have to watch 15 movies in 8 days, about 3 movies in one day; which would be similar to the last time he served on a jury of the Berlin Film Festival. After completing his trip to Japan, he will return to Hong Kong to support the Ka Ling and Dayo Wong Tze Wa starred play THE TRUTH ABOUT LYING. Ka Ling said that he also wanted to act on the stage, but Wai Jai pointed out that he is currently working on a movie and cannot do two things at once. "Since it has always been my wish (to produce a movie) I want to complete it with my own hands and feet. I have been talking about it for more than 20 years!" Ka Ling also revealed that he was afraid of memorizing dialogues, so he turned down stage performance? Wai Jai laughed and said, "Ask my co-stars, have I ever failed to remember the dialogue?"

No comments:

Post a Comment