Friday, March 8, 2024

[2024.03.08] STEPHY TANG AND JASPER LIU GET INTO CHARACTER IN ONE SECOND

Stephy Tang and Jasper Liu click right away on their first collaboration
courtesy of on.cc

Stephy Tang Lai Yan in the new film AS IT BURNS (BAK JAU YU FUN) had to challenge the suspenseful story Taiwan star Jasper Liu but also had to break through the frame of romantic film. Stephy felt that the film was a poignant story of karmic cycle. "For example we actors experienced a life each time we act, so we have experienced many lives. If we couldn't let go and suppress like my character, who would still bring the grudge and circle endlessly. She couldn't break the cycle." Jasper Liu said, "We seem to be something as pure as an egg. It however is very fragile, being tossed into a big fire."

Stephy and Jasper Liu in the film brought viewers into the intriguing world of suspense. They needed to show extremely high degree of chemistry, but Jasper Liu revealed that they before starting work on the set have never met. They saw each other for the first time on the day of the shoot, but had to rapidly interact and get into the production condition right away. "Before the shoot I haven't had the chance to meet and get to know Stephy, I have only been preparing for my part, getting ready condition wise and jumping into the character's real emotions." Stephy also said, "During the shoot I put aside my own emotions, immersed myself into this character to believe in everything they have. I hope everyone could see our side that is real and has soul."

No comments:

Post a Comment