Tuesday, March 19, 2024

[2024.03.19] LOUIS KOO PLANS TO EXPAND HIS FILM KINGDOM OVERSEAS

Louis Koo jokes that making a variety program is fun, not as dull as meetings

Michelle Wai is often mistaken for Carlos Chan's wife, but she has no intention of changing her name again

Nancy Wu does not mind letting go her television Best Actress identity to audition for film roles
courtesy of on.cc

Michelle Wai pretends to be pregnant and Carlos Chan lightly touches her belly

Nancy Wu hopes for more film opportunities
courtesy of mingpao.com


Jennifer Yu attends the same event as her ex Carlos Chan

Louis Koo says that his travel program for a web channel is a one time thing

Nancy Wu says at this current stage she would work on both television or film
courtesy of mingpao.com



Louis Koo Tin Lok, Jennifer Yu Heung Ying, Carlos Chan Ka Lok, Michelle Wai Sze Nga, Kathy Yuen (Tong Yee), Nancy Wu Ting Yan, James Ng Yip Kwan, Jacky Cai Jie, director Andrew Lau Wai Keung, Ng See Yuen, Sunny Chan Wing Sun and others two nights ago attended the Federation of Hong Kong Filmmakers 2024 spring banquet. It was the first spring banquet after Goo Jai became the Federation president.

Goo Jai as the president of many film unions frequently attended their spring banquets as of late. He said that this would probably be this year's final spring banquet. Did he feel the difficulty of being at many places at once? He said, "No, I don't feel tired. Being the president and able to service the industry is my honor." When asked about plans to help the industry, Goo Jai said that his decision would depend on the market direction and trends. In recent years the phenomenon has been many young directors, all of whom have been very passionate. Would his company expand to the overseas market? He said, "I have always had companies in Thailand and Malaysia. (Would your film kingdom break out of Southeast Asia?) There are opportunities, one step at a time."

Earlier Goo Jai was caught at the Erawan Shrine and a variety program for a web channel. He said, "I went to Thailand for work, but worked on a travel program. I tried something new, it was my first time so I felt pretty happy. It wasn't just meetings at the office, I went out and experienced the atmosphere, now shooting video is very popular." However Goo Jai said that he would not shoo more variety program, feeling that one was enough. For now he has not thought about hosting a variety program.

Chan Ka Lok and Wai Sze Nga both appeared at the spring banquet. Earlier Nancy Sit Ka Yin mistook Wai Sze Nga for Ka Lok's wife Shiga Lin and congratulated her on her pregnancy. Two nights ago Wai Sze Nga pretended to be pregnancy, while Ka Lok felt her belly. Wai Sze Nga admitted that people were still constantly confusing her for Shiga. Would she change her name again? She said, "No, earlier people confused me for Wai Sze (Jill Vidal) so I changed from Wai Sze Nga to Sze Nga. Later I switched back to Wai Sze Nga, but now I still can't avoid it."

Just returning from Japan, Ka Lok was all red from being in the sun. He said that he did not go on vacation but went to see a doctor. "Because my Mommy has health issues, through someone's recommendation she was seeing a Japanese doctor on televisit. However I feel face to face communication would be better, so I went with my parents to Japan. My wife's work happened to be cancelled as well, so she was able to go as well." She pointed out that Mommy's health was still fine, perhaps she knew that she would have a grandchild soon she was very happy. She even said that she wanted to raise her grandchild, but he did not want any mother in law and daughter in law dispute. In addition he did not want her to have a hard time, so he has already hired a confinement nanny, but Mommy would help. He also complained about how expensive the nanny would be. "Not a star class confinement nanny, an ordinary one would cost 70,000 and be quite in demand. From the beginning I asked six or seven and they all said that they didn't have the time." Wai Sze Nga said that her Mommy has studied being confinement nanny, Ka Lok helplessly said, "Why didn't you say that earlier!" Ka Lok revealed that his wife would be expecting in July, but at the time he would very likely not be in Hong Kong because in July or August he would have to fly to Malaysia for a movie. Thus he was very worried.

In addition, Wai Sze Nga has been nominated for the Hong Kong Film Awards Best Actress. She said that she still has not picked out what to wear. Later she would go on vacation in Thailand and she worried that she would get tanned. Thus she would wait until she would return. Ka Lok joked that with a tan she would become "dark Sze" while his wife Shiga would become "light Sze".

Wu Ting Yan said that because she took part in ROB N ROLL (LUM SI GIP ONG) she was invited to the Spring banquet. She was very happy to be able to get together with filmmakers and would like even more opportunities to develop in film. He said, "My previous film was already MEN ON THE DRAGON (YIK LAU DAI SHOOK), I too want to attend more film events for everyone to get to know me. (Would you take the initiative?) I want to, because while making a series I am always in hiding, I don't know a lot of people. I have to attend more events and let everyone see me in person and communicate, not just knowing me from television series." As television Best Actress, would she mind auditioning for films? She said, "I wouldn't mind, any role that requires an audition would probably be very important. Whether on television or in film, as long as there are jobs I would field them. of course I have been accumulating a lot on television, I hope to have more opportunities in film."

Since film company boss Louis Koo Tin Lok was present, would she offer her services too Goo Jai? Ting Yan pointed out that she has had contact with him at different venues, but Shaw has its movies too. First she would have to make the company's movies. She also revealed that currently she is working on the TVB series NO RETURN voice work and post production. The series would air by the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment