Tuesday, March 19, 2024

[2024.03.19] TIAN NIU RETURNS TO HONG KONG FILMS TO REPAY ERIC TSANG

The love of the Hong Kong audience has touched Tian Niu
courtesy of on.cc

Eric Tsang Chi Wai and Tian Niu in the film WE ARE FAMILY (CHOOK JO GA YUN) stumbled their way into becoming a "temporary couple", with Carlos Chan Ka Lok and Catherine Chau Ka Yee they formed a wonderful "half way family". One of the film's major attraction was Tian Niu and Tsang Chi Wai working together, especially Tian Niu. the previous time she appeared on the big screen was 4 years ago. Conceivably most viewers' impression of Tian Niu was still stuck on the TVB series THE JUSTICE OF LIFE (TA LOI JI GONG WU)'s comedic performance. Tian Niu in the future would like to make more comedy to repay Hong Kong viewers and make everyone happy.

Tian Niu in WE ARE FAMILY appeared with an explosive landlady image. Every "argument" scene with the Tsang Chi Wai played garbage tenant was rather exciting. Later as the story turned and real emotions flowed, Tian Niu's performance even made the audience cry. In a monologue when she talked about her life, Tian Niu due to language issues was unable to handle it with Cantonese. After shooting for a whole day she still failed. Finally she asked the director for her to perform once in her native tongue and the shoot went in one take. The director finally accepted the original sound and no post production dubbing would be needed.

Being able to return to Hong Kong film, Tian Niu admitted that she returned to repay Chi Wai. Chi Wai also returned the favor and said that playing a couple with Tian Niu was to repay her. Tian Niu praised Chi Wai for becoming serious as soon as he arrived on the set. In addition with his quick wit he very quickly would be able to motivate the entire team.

Speaking of Chi Wai in the past was able to fall asleep instantly, but as soon as he woke up he could immediately play the role. How did he achieve this skill? Chi Wai joked, "I don't need to train, because before I fall asleep I know what's going on, when I wake up I can follow. However I know it is a bad habit. Once I was at a test screening, as soon as it began I fell asleep until the end. Actually it wasn't the screening was bad, I was really too tired. Now with the management level identity I don't dare to sleep, I am afraid that others would feel I lack a sense of responsibility." Tian Niu also praised Chi Wai for becoming matured after becoming management and had an extra sense of security. She said, "Before I didn't know what he said was real or fake, now he is calm and measured. He has the presence of a general manager. When he walks there is an air. He used to be a kid, now he finally resembles a man, haha."

As for playing "mother and daughter" with Chau Ka Yee in the film, Chau Ka Yee praised her for the crying scene that gave her goose bumps. Tian Niu said, "Because I believed she was my daughter, actors needed the mutual friction to set off spark. Everyone expressed themselves with real emotions, actually she cried harder than me."

Although she participated in the film as an elder, Tian Niu never put on air like one. She remembered during the shoot she even asked the director not to praise her. She explained, "Because actors need excitement and someone to teach them for them to improve. I said to the director never praise me, if I performed poorly he should call me out directly. He never treated Chau Ka Yee and Chan Ka Lok as new comers, because each time I performed I would treat myself like a new actor. I believe I still have places yet to be discovered, so I would never say quit." Speaking of her Cantonese monologue stumping her, Tian Niu said, "It was shot at a hospital set, everyone was watching the monologue and gave me even greater pressure. After couple dozen takes, from midnight to sunrise we still couldn't get one. Finally I asked the director for me to try it once in Putonghua, and finally got it in one take. The director was pleased with both the expression and the tone, and he said, 'I too want to be a couple for life'."

No comments:

Post a Comment