Friday, March 8, 2024

[2024.03.08] RACHEL LEUNG HAS NO PRESSURE IN BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS RACE

Dee Ho is envious of Rachel Leung's Hong Kong Film Awards nomination
courtesy of on.cc

Dee Ho (right) reveals that he has worked with Rachel Leung on a micro film before starting in the business

Director Jack Ng makes a commercial for a bank, which holds its premiere at the movies 
courtesy of mingpao.com

Jack Ng Wai Lun with A GUILTY CONSCIENCE (DUK SIT DAI JONG) has been nominated for the Hong Kong Film Awards Best Director and Best New Director. Recently he has been invited to make a commercial for a bank, which held its premiere two nights ago at a cinema. Rachel Leung Yung Ting, Dee Ho Kai Wa, Siuyea Lo Chun Yip, Kearen Pang Sau Wai and Johnny Hui (Keung Nei) showed their support.

Dee said that before taking part in THE KING MAKER he already knew Leung Yung Ting. They worked together on a micro movie. However after he started in the business they have yet to work together.

Dee said that he wanted to offer his services to Ng Wai Lun, and was envious that Leung Yung Ting has been nominated with IN BROAD DAYLIGHT (BAK YUN JI HA) for the Hong Kong Film Awards Best Supporting Actress. He said, "I have admired Leung Yung Ting's hard work over the years, and I know I am no match for her. Actually I want to try any and all characters, or use a light comedic format to perform serious subjects. For example I want to be in movies about social topics, whether I can change the world or not I still want to have some connections to the community. However I am worried that when viewers see my serious performance, they wouldn't be able to help but laugh instead."

Leung Yung Ting with IN BROAD DAYLIGHT has also been nominated for the 17th Asian Film Awards Best Supporting Actress. She had no pressure from the competition. "Because for the film was able to be released and the box office was good, it was already not easy. To be fortunate enough to be nominated along with other actors, I already feel the occasion is rare. The Hong Kong Film Awards would take place in April, so I am in no hurry to pick out what to wear. I have left the task to the image designer. Now I would first handle Sunday's Asian Film Awards. I have never been superstitious, I don't have any lucky color that I have to wear. Running into an outstanding team is my greatest luck."

No comments:

Post a Comment