Wednesday, August 19, 2026

[2026.08.20] TONY WU DECLINES TO COMMENT ON NEW FILM'S CATERING, ANGELA YUEN FINDS SUCCESS IN FILM AND TELEVISION

Angela Yuen and Tony Wu are both busy on their own as they keep working.
courtesy of on.cc

Angela Yuen (left) and Tony Wu (right) meet Korean director Na Hong-jin (center) and make a heart pose
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Cine Fan Summer International Film Festival was officially opened last night, with the opening film being the Hong Kong premiere of South Korean director Na Hong-jin's sci-fi suspense thriller HOPE. The 50th Hong Kong International Film Festival Ambassadors Angela Yuen Lai Lam and Tony Wu Tsz Tung attended the event. During the group photo, Director Na Hong-jin greeted everyone in Cantonese "Hello everyone" and made a heart pose with the two ambassadors.

HOPE was selected for the main competition of the Cannes Film Festival, and also the director's work that would once again impacted the audience's senses ten years after his masterpiece THE WAILING. Director Na Hong-jin said that this is a very interesting film, and hoped that the audience would be able to relax and enjoy the film.

Wu Tsz Tung just recently wrapped up production for the film TWILIGHT OF THE WARRIORS: THE FINAL CHAPTER (GAU LUNG SING JAI JI JUNG JEUNG),and joked that now he had to try to keep his mind as clear as possible; because before he was weak and sick a lot, even catching the flu twice. Was it due to the poor lunch box during the filming? He denied that. "Nothing to do with that, I am garbage." As for Daniel Wu (Ng Yin Cho) and German Cheung Man Kit saying that the crew's meal was difficult to eat, Wu Tsz Tung avoided the subject and said, "Since a number of brothers and sisters have expressed their opinions, I don't have much to say. I have left the team, it is finished." He humorously paraphrased a soccer player. "The Walled City has given me a lot, I have no comment." Cheung Man Kit posted a photo of an embrace between the "Four Sons of the Walled City". Wu Tsz Tung explained, "Everyone have happy experience and memories, as the production neared its end we took a photo when we had dinner with the team." Last time he was injured while working on the film, he said that he still gave his all while making THE FINAL CHAPTER. He said that there would be injuries, but fortunately he did not have to go to the hospital this time. He said that he wanted to go on vacation to prepare for the Asian Games baseball competition, and would leave in mid-September.

Yuen Lai Lam received the "Screen International Rising Stars Award" and her film AFTERPIECE (DAI SEI MOK) was screened at the 25th New York Asian Film Festival. She said that she was very honored and happy, but also regretted watching the movie with the audience. "I had no time to watch it in Hong Kong before, so I experienced the entire film with the audience there. However I regretted it very much, because I was uncomfortable and nervous, I wouldn't want to watch the film with the audience in the future. I am very critical of myself, so my neck was all stiff from watching and cold sweat ran down my entire back; plus I am all little I person (introverted) and am very strict with himself, so I was restless. It was a good experience though, and it was quite an honor." How did she celebrate? She said she did not celebrate with her family. Was she already used to winning awards. She denied that was the case. Regarding the hit Taiwan series FIRED UP!, she pointed out that it was made two years ago and her first performance in Mandarin. She felt very happy to see the ideal market response. In addition, their boss Louis Koo Tin Lok's Hong Kong Coliseum concert would take place soon. Angela revealed that she would be absent because she would need to attend a film festival in Malaysia, while Wu Tsz Tung would attend to show his support and hinted that it would be full of surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment