Tuesday, April 9, 2024

[2024.04.10] RAYMOND WONG BRINGS THE HAPPY GHOST STARS TOGETHER FOR HIS BIRTHDAY AND THE FILM'S 40TH ANNIVERSARY

Raymond Wong (right) says that he and Fennie Yuen would meet several times every year, but less with Loletta Lee
courtesy of singtao.com

Clifton Ko, Gigi Fu, Fennie Yuen, Loletta Lee and Raymond Wong 
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 40th anniversary screening of HAPPY GHOST (HOI SUM GWAI) was held at the cinema of KITEC on two nights ago (8th), and the film's actors Loletta Lee Lai Chun, Fennie Yuen Kit Ying, Raymond Wong Pak Ming, director Clifton Ko Chi Sum, screenwriter Joe Ma Wai Ho, as well as Gigi Fu Ming Hin, Emily Kwan Bo Wai, Amy Yip Chi Me, Tony Wong Yuk Long, Mak Chau and others attended. Yuen Kit Ying was dressed casually and without makeup, and neither she nor Lee Lai Chun accepted any interview.

The day before yesterday (8th) was Wong Pak Ming's birthday. His daughter arranged for the 40th anniversary HAPPY GHOST screening and invited 400 friends to watch his first lead role in a movie. He said that 40 years ago on April 8, HAPPY GHOST began production. Time has passed very quickly. This time was like a birthday event, enjoying with 400 friends his work from 40 years ago was very happy. He also pointed out that at a secondary school student drama competition, he chose Mak Chau to be the champion, used his script as the blueprint for the film and Ma Wai Ho was the screenwriter. Speaking of birthday wishes, he hoped that the company would make more good films, and the film market would probably get better.

Fu Ming Hin recalled that at age 14, director Ko Chi Sum discovered her to join the industry and participate in HAPPY GHOST II (HOI SUM GWAI FONG SHUI GA)and shared the interesting story of entering the industry, "I remember that on the first day at work, my family wasn't comfortable and asked the maid to go to work with me. Also when I got into the business I used the stage name Suen Wai. 9 years later when I joined TV I used my real name. I remember that there was a game show with the ultimate question orth 1 million back then, the question asked who were the 4 members of the Happy Girl Group; but no one remembered Suen Wai and Fu Ming Hin were the same person.". She recalled that she was very happy at work back then, and she did not need acting skills to play a student and had a lot of food. It was as if she was going to play.

Did she still have the acting bug? Fu Ming Hin said, "You wouldn't ask me to play a student, right? I can be a principal, but I am afraid I can't keep up with the pac;, because the current actors are so sharp, I think I wouldn't be able to catch up at all if I come back. I should just keep up with charity work."

No comments:

Post a Comment