Saturday, October 28, 2023

[2023.10.27] ERIC KOT PLAYS A CORPSE AT THE MERCY OF OTHERS

Eric Kot jokes that playing a corpse has no line, which everyone agrees is the best
courtesy of on.cc

Ng Siu Hin, Eelyn Chan and Eric Kot promote their film ONE NIGHT IN SCHOOL

courtesy of mingpao.com

Eric Kot Man Fai joked that in the new film ONE NIGHT AT SCHOOL (YEH HAU) his buddy director Sunny Lau Yung took care of him, as he played that everyone thought was the best, the corpse role with no line. Ah Kot joked, "The director benefit me, I don't have to say any dialogue; moving me around at the mercy of others, flying in the air and burrowing in the ground; for stunts I even have a double. One day I wasn't on the set, they thought I got thrown off a building." Ng Siu Hin said that Ah Kot's stunt double resembled him a lot, he really thought Ah Kot was thrown off the building. When he saw it on the set, he got chills. Chan Yi Lam said, "One day at work I saw Ah Kot, when I went over to say hi I realized that it was his double."

However, he pointed out that actually only he knew the pain of it. The roughest was being dragged around by MC Cheung Tin Fu and Ling Man Lung. "I am heavy, they aren't strong enough to carry me so I have to walk myself. While walking only ankle could move, the whole body has to be stiff and the arms have to be straight; no big movement. The director wants me to go to the next level with body language and acting from within." He felt the biggest challenge of playing a corpse was trying not to talk. "I can't help but want to chime in, I want to improvise after this line but I can't. I can't even blink."

Ng Siu Hin and Ah Kot played father and son. In the flashback Ah Kot even took him to a night club. Ng Siu Hin joked, "Earlier in STAND UP STORY (SUET SIU JI YUN) I took Papa to solicit prostitutes. This time is in reverse as Papa takes me to a night club." Siu Hin thought that working together for the first time, they did not have enough scenes together. He hoped to have a chance to run into each other again. Ah Kot also wanted to work with him, praising Ng Siu Hin was able to deliver his role. They were going back and forth like in ping pong, and he looked forward to setting off new spark next time. Chan Yi Lam said that she was nervous about her firs film. "Luckily the character wasn't too hard to play, the director and the actors all treated me very well."

No comments:

Post a Comment