Monday, October 23, 2023

[2023.10.24] MC CHEUNG TURNS SHY IN HIS FIRST FILM LEAD

Director Lau Yung, MC Cheung and Candy Wong promote ONE NIGHT AT SCHOOL

Candy Wong reveals that in the film she and MC Cheung stare at each other for 3 seconds.  MC Cheung's face is already all red as he is very shy
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Sunny Lau Yung directed, MC Cheung Tin Fu and Candy Wong Hei Yi starred ONE NIGHT IN SCHOOL (YEH HAU) would open in November. The three earlier were interviewed together. ONE NIGHT IN SCHOOL was MC's first film lead, playing a impulsive guy. During the shoot he was not nervous at all, instead it was more relaxed than imagined. "Maybe because it was a comedy, the character design was rather similar to myself. Both are a little sloppy, casual, so they are not nervous. It's like playing myself. As for the comedy in the film, I laughed and am very pleased with my performance."

Speaking of the on screen romance between him and Wong Hei Yi, MC said that they met at school, were attracted to each other. The romantic scene did not take up much of the film, and the intimacy level would not make anyone scream. They only held hands. Candy explained that the story took place in one night, so her relationship with MC would not be too in depth yet. Lau Yung said, "Candy originally hates the most despicable and bottle blond guys, in the end because MC rescues her she falls for him." He said that before he did not know MC. He thought MC looked mischievous and was very suitable for the male lead character design.

Lau Yung praised MC for working hard, revealed that in the film he had many scenes that was full of excuses and had many lines. MC did his homework before hand, and performed very well. Which scene was the most difficult for MC to handle? He said, "In one scene I have to convince Bob (Lam Sing Bun) to buy my invention, with two pages of dialogue. I also have to say a pile of data and coordinating movements. It is very funny. I look forward to the audience reaction very much."

With such long dialogue, did he have any bad take? MC said, "There were many bad takes, I probably had the most. Luckily no one gave me any pressure, for my first movie it was considered pretty smooth. I had no trauma, no pressure at all." He revealed that the toughest scene was dragging a corpse while wearing a life jacket. He even had to dance. At the time the temperature reached over 30 degrees and he was drenched in sweat. "Not having to do it again would be the best."

The most memorable for Candy was when she and MC rehearsed before hand. They stared at each other for no more than 3 seconds and MC's face was already all red. "When I saw how shy he was, I immediately wasn't so shy. It was the first time I met such a shy guy. For several of our scenes together, even his ears were all red." Lau Yung said that he saw how shy MC was and immediately came up with a gag for him. Was MC normally bashful too? He said, "When music videos have female leads, I would have to spend some time to warm up. This time I know about the romance, so before hand we were arranged to meet and rehearse."

No comments:

Post a Comment