Monday, July 18, 2022

[2022.07.19] FISH LIEW GOT DRUNK AND LIFTED UP LOUIS KOO

ANITA won 5 awards and because the big winner at the 40th Hong Kong Film Awards
courtesy of singtao.com

ANITA's on screen sisters Louise Wong and Fish Liew both won Hong Kong Film Awards
courtesy of on.cc

Patrick Tse wins his first Hong Kong Film Award Best Actor at age 85.  Viewers are happy for him but are concerned about his health condition.  Gordon Lam accompanies him all night and receives online praises as "the Warmest Actor".

When Nicholas Tse won Best Actor in 2011 for STOOL PIGEON, he already called his father Patrick Tse the Best Actor in his speech

Wu Fung jokes that Patrick Tse is a good actor so he would not break Tse's oldest Best Actor record

Francis Ng's son Feynman calls his father the Best Pacer.  

At the 2019 Hong Kong Film Awards, Patrick Tse received the Lifetime Achievement Award from then Chief Executive Carrie Lam

Louis Wong and Fish Liew thank Anita and Ann Mui for their awards

Louis Koo (center) poses for photos with Mason Fung (left) and Fung Mama
courtesy of mingpao.com


Under the pandemic the 40th Hong Kong Film Award finally took place two nights ago, with the 85 year old Sei Gor Patrick Tse Yin with TIME (SAT CHOOK GOR WONG FUNG) and LIMBO (JI CHI)'s Cya Liu both won with their first nomination. Best Director went to the late Benny Chan Muk Sing, his final film even became the Best Film. The result was rather complete. At the celebration, Fish Liew Chi Yu was revealed to have lifted up Louis Koo Tin Lok after getting drunk, but she had no impression of it. Sei Gor during the acceptance needed help from Gordon Lam Ka Tung, which made fans concern about his health condition. His son Nicholas Tse Ting Fung and daughter Jennifer Tse Ting Ting on social media congratulated their father on his Best Actor award and thanked fans for their love for Tse Yin!

After the 40th Hong Kong Film Awards, ANITA, ZERO TO HERO (MAMA JI SUN KEI SIU JI) and DRIFTING (SHOOK SHUI PIU LAU)'s production teams still held celebrations. Although he lost the Best Supporting Actor award to the 17 year old new actor Mason Fung Ho Yeung, Koo Tin Lok still came to support him. In addition So Wa Wai and So Mama also attended the celebration. Instead Best Actress nominee Sandra Ng Kwan Yu and Best Supporting Actress nominee Loletta Lee Lai Chun did not appear at the celebration.

ANITA at the Hong Kong Film Awards swept up 5 awards including Best Supporting Actress, Best New Performer, Best Visual Effects, Bes Costume and Make Up Design, Best Sound Design to become this year's movie with the most awards. At the celebration, the fresh out of the oven Best Supporting Actress Fish Liew Chi Yu and Best New Performer Louise Wong Dan Nei were excited and even posed with their statues with Louis Koo Tin Lok. Liew Chi Yu happily said that the award was very heavy.

Liew Chi Yu after receiving the award was still emotional, feeling that 10 years after coming to Hong Kong from Malaysia, Chi Yu expressed her joy and planned to celebrate hard. "Earlier I took 3 hang over pills, but the driver said they were useless and told me to eat butter. I hope tomorrow won't be too bad. (Have you been drunk before?) Several years ago on my birthday I got drunk. The next day my colleagues told me that after I got drunk I lifted up Koo Tin Lok, but I have no impression of it at all. Luckily he wasn't mad!" After she lifted up boss Goo Jai, now the boss would lift her up? Liew Chi Yu only laughed and did not know how to respond. After winning the award she immediately had video chats with her parents, broke down and told them the good news. This time would she be able to return home to see her parents with her success? She said, "I too really want to go home to see my family, but I still have to work after. I don't want to waste too much time on quarantine either."

Wong Dan Nei said that she would not be disappointed about the Best Actress defeat. "First I shouldn't think as grand as Best Actress, as a new comer I already won an award with my first movie. It is already a very beautiful dream, not to mention a huge encouragement. The journey still has a long way to go in the future, I would continue to charge ahead." Wong Dan Nei's husband Sheldon Lo Hau Yung attended the event and the celebration with her. The crowd wanted them to kiss, but he was only willing to pretend. Wong Dan Nei joked that he was shy. She also said that after the award her phone already blew up with messages. Later she would reply to each one and would celebrate with her family.

The only 17 year old new actor Mason Fung Ho Yeung won Best Supporting Actor. He attended the celebration with his mother and chatted nonstop with Koo Tin Lok. Goo Jai posed for photos with Fung Ho Yeung and Fung Mama as encouragement. Fung Ho Yeung joked, "I am the newest one, I thought getting the award would be impossible. I also took the chance to kiss up and said I am looking forward to seeing his WARRIORS OF FUTURE (MING YUT JIN GEI). He really resembles the Terminator." Would he sign with Goo Jai? He said that he has not discussed this issue. He has not signed with any company currently. earlier at school he was training in children's phonetics. Fung Ho Yeung pointed out that he was out of school and chose to be an actor. "I am not encouraging dropping out of school, I don't have any big goal either. Only that I have Asperger's Syndrome, I would live in my own world. So since childhood Mommy would train me. I am the type that either I don't do something, if I do I would do my best. As an actor I would be able to strengthen observation and communication skills with others, enabling me to go forward. Of course I have also increased my own value, I have been learning horseback riding and singing!"

Earlier injured on the set, Gordon Lam Ka Tung two nights ago recovered in time to attend the ceremony and accompanied the TIME Best Actor Patrick Tse Yin to the stage. He urged Tse to follow the doctor's order and wear the mask properly, and even helped him with it. His attentive gesture received online praises as "The Warmest Actor". When Sei Gor went on the stage he was less than steady, when he removed his mask his lips appeared to be sagging. He was drastically different from his past active and lively ways. Due to multiple recent rumors of him suffering a stroke, his health condition has worried fans. As Nicholas Tse Ting Fung congratulated "Daddy" on social media, many online were curious when Tse's own children were not present to support their old man? Some even asked Ting Fung to spend more time with Papa. Actually Tse Yin's son Tse Ting Fung was working in the Mainland and unable to attend the Hong Kong Film Awards in person. Tse Yin's daughter Jennifer Tse Ting Ting also posted on social media, "Papa, you finally won. Congratulations! You completely deserve this award. I am proud of you, you are a legend!"

In addition, after 40 years in the business and 6 Best Actor nominations, Francis Ng Chun Yu again missed out of the award. His son posted on social media and took jabs at Papa. "Congratulations No Steamed Fish (sounds like Ng Chun Yu in Putonghua) on the Best Pacer and the Best Alternative Awards." Chun Yu's office thanked everyone for their support. "The filmmakers and film and television people are still full of confidence, we look forward to be able to create even better work for everyone later."

The ViuTV live broadcast of the 40th Hong Kong Film award two nights ago had a 10.4 rating (around 680,000 viewers).

No comments:

Post a Comment