Wednesday, June 14, 2023

[2023.06.15] ANITA YUEN CANNOT TALK BACK TO CHOW YUN FAT

Chow Yun Fat pretends to cut Anita Yuen's hair
courtesy of singtao.com


Working with her idol for the first time, Anita Yuen is both nervous and excited

Chow Yun Fat picks up a pair of scissors to cut hair for Anita Yuen and a child

Fat Gor and his wife and his new film's executive producer Jasmine Tan

Playing Fat Gor's son, Will Or presents him with a big custard tart cake to celebrate Father's Day in advance
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Chow Yun Fat starred family film ONE MORE CHANCE (BIT GIU NGOR DOH SUN) will open in Hong Kong on the 29th. Yesterday Fat Gor, Anita Yuen Wing Yi and Will Or Wai Lam, the "family of three" in the film, along with executive producer Fat Soh Jasmine Tan, director Poon Yiu Ming and screen writer Felix Chong Man Keung attended the promotional event. In the film Fat Gor played a hairstylist, yesterday Fat Gor was arranged to cut Len Len and three children's hair. However Len Len prepared a wig before hand and Fat Gor exposed her. When Fat Gor cut she still said with a smile, "I am not scared, I have confidence in him. At most I would cut the hair short!" After Fat Gor cut everyone's hair, he received a big custard tart for an early Father's Day celebration.

The host asked how he was motivated to make ONE MORE CHANCE? He said that in the 70s and the 80s action and gun fight films rose. He only held guns when he made A BETTER TOMORROW (YING HUNG BOON SIK). Actually he loved drama and felt happier, since AN AUTUMN'S TALE (CHAU TIN DIK TUNG WA) and ALL ABOUT AH LONG (AH LONG DIK GOO SI) he had few opportunities to make dramatic films. This time running into this script truly was invaluable, in addition it also had Best Actress Yuen Wing Yi. "Decades later she is still young and pretty, she is Yuen Jing Jing, Shui Jing Jing (pretty girl in Thai), I couldn't wait to agree!" Len Len joked, "Working with Fat Gor for the first time, I puked more than I could! When I found out I was putting my luggage on a plane, at the time time seemed to have stopped as I thought I was dreaming. My husband was next to me but I didn't dare to tell him, because it wasn't fact yet. When I saw Fat Gor in person to go over the script, I didn't dare to look at him at all and focused on the rehearsal!" Fat Gor joked, "However after becoming familiar, she ordered me around so much I was dizzy! Sigh! I can't describe it in such a short time!" Or Wai Lam said that during the shoot Fat Gor really took care of her. Everyday he was the human alarm clock and picked him up to run, and eat. He rode him for a year, which felt very heartwarming. Fat Gor admitted that he liked the life on the set because he was a lonely person. "With the wife at home is very dull, so I want to be on the set, flying out of the lonely family!" The director said that he had endless energy on the set. Fat Gor said that on the set everyone was like a family. He was able to joke around and laugh, so he would work for free. He even opened the "Fat Kee Store". Because he made instant noodles very well, he took in many "concubines".

Duing the interview, Fat Gor said that he was used to running. Whether at work or not he would run at least half a hour everyday. Or Wai Lam after the shoot did not continue to run, while Len Len only ran once. Fat Gro said, "It's a waste of breath on those two! Len Len is only good at running at shopping centers and on the internet world!" Len Len could only agreed, "Completely right!" Len Len was able to work with her idol Fat Gor. "It really was a very unforgettable experience, it felt like finally fulfilling a dream. Actually when I was competing in the Miss Hong Kong pageant Fat Gor was a judge!" Fat Gor joked, "I didn't vote for you, so I didn't dare to see you until this movie. Are you so pretty who else I would choose?" Len Len said that there were Helen Yung Hang Lan and Fat Gor's favorite Sabrina Leung Siu Bing. Fat Gor said, "Don't let Fat Soh hear you!"

Speaking of the "Fat Kee store" on the set, was it open 24 hours day? Fat Gor joked that it only operated for 23 hours, the other hour was for restocking. Len Len said that Fat Soh's soup was the best. Fat Gor joked, "She didn't make it. She only bought the ingredients, over ten catties so she included me and you. Just the fish alone cost several tens of thousands!" Len Len said, "No wonder I am so much prettier now!" Fat Gor in ONE played a hairstylist. He said that he actually had a hairstylist on the set, in close up shots he could take over. However before the shoot he practiced on wigs for several months; he also just cut Len Len's hair. He was not afraid of messing up Len Len's hair, just of cutting his own finger. The night before he clipped his nails and ended up bleeding. Fat Gor has not made a movie for years. This time he ran into a good script and returned for his acting bug. He joked that it was also because of the two time Best Actress Yuen Wing Yi. He had no idea how he took her movie, which sent chills to his heart. Len Len helplessly said, "This is the first time I can't talk back!"

Fat Gor also joked that he planned to work with Len Len again on a comedy called LEUNG YUN FUNG DIN (TWO PERSON MADNESS). "We would be the leads again, I will duel to the death with you then. Let's see if you die or I die, having fun at my expense! The director, make a comedy for us to play with!" Len Len complained, "When did I have fun at your expense, but everyone is looking forward to it! However what Fat Gor says makes sense too, he truly convinces people wholeheartedly and I can't talk about to him!" Fat Gor joked, "When the camera stops rolling I still yell at you like a dog!" Len Len whined and asked Fat Gor not to say that, but Fat Gor joked, "Don't treat me like Chilam (Julian Cheung). You can bully him but not me, I would complain to the executive producer (Fat Soh) so she wouldn't find you next time!" They both joked that they were the most afraid of the executive producer. Fat Gor was so scared that he went across to Shenzhen (sound like shock to heart). He also said that Fat Soh was not strict with him, but put a lot of "salt" in her soup. Len Len joked that Fat Gor was very daring, and wanted her husband to see him less to avoid him being educated with such knowledge. Fat Gor asked Len Len to look at his back and said that actually that it always had the word "courage" on it. Fat Gor immediately yelled for Fat Soh to look at his back. Fat Soh responded to Fat Gor, "Hello! Husband!" They pretended to be sweet with each other and made everyone laugh. Len Len and Fat Gor in the film played a couple and even sang a love song together. Len Len has released a record before. Fat Gor jokingly asked if she sang "12 FUN 13 CHUEN" (12' 13", His song). Len Len joked, "It was '12 FUN MO FUN CHUEN' (12' No Measure)!"

No comments:

Post a Comment