Monday, June 26, 2023

[2023.06.26] CHOW YUN FAT JOKES ABOUT BEING A COUNTRY BOY IN THE BIG CITY

Chow Yun Fat and Anita Yuen promote their new film

After shooting the audience, Chow Yun Fat takes a selfie with the actors

Claiming to be dizzy from the excitement, Chow Yun Fat runs all over the place and waves to fans

Jessica C. brings their children back to Hong Kong to cheer on Andy On
courtesy of on.cc

Chow Yun Fat, Anita Yuen and Will Or
courtesy of singtao.com


Anita Yuen is too nervous when she sees Chow Yun Fat to play the table flipping scene in front of him

Fat Gor feels both awesome and surprised to see the crowd

Chow Yun Fat leads the cast in crossing the finish line to wish for box office success

Mr. and Mrs. Chow Yun Fat gives a toast with love

Chow Yun Fat stares lovingly at Ivana Wong when introducing her character


Michael Ning admits that he and his girlfriend of seven years Cherry Ngan have broken up
courtesy of mingpao.com

Chow Yun Fat and Anita Yuen Wing Yi recently have been promoting their new film ONE MORE CHANCE (BIT GIU NGOR DOH SUN). Yesterday Fat Gor, Len Len, Alex Fong Chung Shun, Will Or Wai Lam and Andy Tien (On Chi Kit) and executive producer Jasmine Tan (Fat Soh) attended the film's premiere in Kwun Tong and attracted a crowd of onlookers, much to Fat Gor's surprise. On Chi Kit's wife Jessica C. also returned from the U.S. with their children to show their support.

Avid runner Fat Gor led a group of actors in a jog to the appearance. Fat Gor also took a selfie with the live audience and suggested using the phone's AirDrop function to deliver it to all the viewers, but due to network issues the delivery was unsuccessful. Finally he could only post the selfie on social media platform. He also promised everyone that they would run together at the Kowloon Park.

Len Len described working with Fat Gor was a dream come true. "I have wanted this opportunity for 30 years. During the shoot, Fat Gor gave me a lot of suggestions. When he saw that I was so nervous that I didn't dare to perform the table flipping scene, he encouraged me and said, 'Do it, you are a Best Actress'". Ivana Wong Yuen Chi appeared as a special guest. When she arrived Fat Gor held her hand. Fat Gor mentioned that the appearance of Wong Yuen Chi's character led to the ending for "old lady" Len Len. They lovingly stared into each other on the stage.

After the event Fat Gor, Len Len and Or Wai Lam spoke to the media together. Has Fat Gor not attended a large scale premiere event in Hong Kong for many years? Appearing at the event at that shopping center for the first time, Fat Gor joked, "I am very afraid too, with all the people here. I am a country bumpkin out in the big city, I have never seen so many people. I was a little dizzy, but now I am calm again. I am very excited." Speaking of the selfie with the audience, Fat Gor said that he could not be happier and said that the scene was very awesome.

Speaking of his sudden appearance at an audience appreciation event earlier, Fat Gor said that the audience reaction was very positive. Would he attend a few more shows of audience appreciation events? Fat Gor joked, "One day if I am running, I would run to the audience appreciation events too. I told the producer, I normally run at 6 something in the morning. I don't know if everyone would be up so early?" Len Len suggested for Fat Gor try for audience appreciation events at dusk shows. Fat Gor replied, "It doesn't matter to me, with someone unemployed like me I am wasting youth. I can run to several more shows, morning, afternoon, night, late show, even early morning shows. (Would you ask the younger folks to run with you?) What for? They run a little and leave early!" Or Wai Lam said that he also had running to audience appreciation show experience and did not mind running to a few more shows.

If the film would perform well at the box office, what kind of benefit would he give to the audience? Fat Gor joked that he would go to Xinhui and order big fans to fan the spirit into people. Would Len Len run with Fat Gor? She admitted, "I would wait for everyone at the finish. Actually I have run with Fat Gor once or twice, but it truly was too early. Fat Gor told me to wait until the weather got cooler to run the 4 PM shift. Everyone would see me then." Fat Gor pointed out that it would have to be December, which Len Len thought that would be a little too cool. Would she run with a luxury handbag? Fat Gor joked, "Len Len is a great runner, inside the luxury handbag are full of luxury jewelry." As Len Len denied that, Fat Gor joked that Len Len asked her husband to buy them.

In addition, would Fat Gor make a sequel? Fat Gor said that how would a sequel be made with what would happen to Len Len's character? He also joked that if a sequel would be made, whether the title should be NGOR NG HAI HO JING SUN (I AM NOT TOO SPIRITED). Len Len said that she really wanted to Fat Gor to reprised his THE BROTHERS (CHUN CHING) role. Because of his quick wit, she often asked what Fat Gor would eat for his brain.

Michael Ning (Bak Ji) revealed on the stage that his character did not need to run. During the shoot he answered Fat Gor's call to run before work. He admitted that he was iffy physically, once he got dizzy and almost went into shock. He had to immediately stop and rest. After the shoot he trained with Fat Gor for 3 months. "At the time I was fat and clumsy, thank you Fat Gor for taking care of me. When he saw me fall behind he would turn around to find me. While making this film, I was also happy to have met Uncle Chi (Liu Kai Chi). Sometimes on the run he would be the assistant coach and take care of me."

He and his girlfriend of 7 years Cherry Ngan Cheuk Ling were rumored to have broken up last year. Bak Ji admitted that they have been apart for awhile, now they are still good friends. Did he feel any regret? Did the break up involve someone else? Bak Ji helplessly said, "I don't have much that I can say. Actually it's been awhile, everyone is very OK."

No comments:

Post a Comment