Monday, January 15, 2024

[2024.01.16] JENNIFER YU WINS HER FIRST HONG KONG FILM CRITIC SOCIETY BEST ACTRESS

IN BROAD DAYLIGHT's Jennifer Yu wins Best Actress

FLY ME TO THE MOON's Wu Kang-Jen wins Best Actor
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 30th Hong Kong Film Critic Society Awards yesterday announced its winners in 5 award categories and 8 recommended films. The Soi Cheang Pou Soi directed, Gordon Lam Ka Tung and Lokman Yeung starred MAD FATE (MING ONG) received Best Film. Jonathan Li Tsz Chun with THE 8TH SUSPECT (DAI BAK GOR YIM YI YUN) won his first Best Director. Jennifer Yu Heung Ying with IN BROAD DAYLIGHT (BAK YUN JI HA) won her first Best Actress, and the Golden Horse Award winning Taiwan star Wu Kang-ren with his film FLY ME TO THE MOON (DAN YUEN YUN GAU CHEUNG) won Best Actor. Best Screenplay went to Cheuk Chi Ngan for FLY ME TO THE MOON. The recommended films were 8TH, FLY, TIME STILL TURNS THE PAGES (NIN SIU YUT GEI), TO BE CONTNUED...(SEUNG MEI YUEN CHEUNG), ELEGY (SZE), THE GOLDFINGER (GUM SAU JI) and THE LYRICIST WANNABE (TIN CHI L).

Yu Heung Ying has been nominated for the Hong Kong Film Critic Society Award Best Actress numerous times, this time she finally won her first. She happily said, "I know everyone at the Film Critic Society are very professional. Being able to receive this award this year for me is great motivation, telling me to work hard on every character from now on. I am very grateful to everyone."

Yu Heung Ying was also very grateful for various film critics' support. "When I just started acting I had a lot of room for improvement. Each time I would everyone's film reviews to heart, think about what I would need to improve or listen attentively to what everyone feel is good or not good. So film critics' reviews to me are rather important. In addition I am very happy that IN BROAD DAYLIGHT received the year's recommended film. The film is still in release, I hope viewers would go again to support it."

IN BROAD DAYLIGHT became one of the eight recommended films. Director Lawrence Kan Kwan Chun also thanked the Film Critic Society. He pointed out, "Every one of our posts are very happy and also happy for Yu Heung Ying. Having this group of actors in my movie is my honor and fate. The award is an encouragement, encouraging us to be able to continue to improve."

"Best Director" Li Tsz Chun said, "Very happy, this is the first film award in my life. Thank you Hong Kong Film Critic Society. To be able to have your recognition, I am very happy. Thank you investors, the staff and the outstanding actors in the cast and the crew; thank you to directors who have taught me over the years including (Derek) Yee Tung Sing, (Andrew) Lau Wai Keung, (Alan) Mak Siu Fai, (Ringo) Lam Lan Tung, (Johnnie) To Kei Fung. Without the road before, I wouldn't have this road now."

No comments:

Post a Comment