Wednesday, January 24, 2024

[2024.01.24] DANNY PANG IS SAVED FROM BANKRUPCY BEFORE THE DEADLINE

Danny Pang on social media thanks everyone for their support

Danny Pang has resolved his immediate financial issues and cancels his bankruptcy application 

Danny Pang has been described as the "wife saving hero"
courtesy of on.cc


Danny Pang leaves the Admiralty Superior Court with an approve to cancel his bankruptcy application

Danny Pang posts on social media that he would begin working with Alibaba Picturs and Universe Films soon

Francis Ng has lent a helping hand to Danny Pang
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 58 year old "Ghost King director" Danny Pang Fat at the end of last year was revealed that due to his wife's end stage lung cancer, he desperately needed money for the medical cost but had no proof of stable income. So he had to borrow from second tier money lenders, owing nearly HK$ 2 million without any ability to pay it back. Thus he filed for bankruptcy. After the incident has been widely reported, Pang Fat has described as the "wife saving hero". A production company "approached" him bout working together and even provided 7 figures for him to handle the emergency. In the end before the "deadline" Pang Fat cancelled the bankruptcy application with the court.

Pang Fat yesterday morning around 9 AM already appeared at the Admiralty Superior Court, after court he went through a simple process and completed the related procedures. When leaving the court he revealed that two days ago the Official Receiver's Office notified him that his bankruptcy application has been cancelled. Speaking of debt arrangement issues, he simply said, "I would take care of it, later I would explain on social media. Right own the company doesn't want to say too much, everyone please understanding." As for his wife's condition, he said, "She's fighting, 50/50. (How are you feeling?) I still have to face it, that's life." Francis Ng Chun Yu and Eddie Cheung Siu Fai's wife have offered money to help before. Pang Fat sad, "Yes! I want to thank them. People in the business have approached me with projects to work together on, there really is love in the world! (Has the financial company approached you again?) No!"

Then he posted on social media and thanked everyone's support and concern for him over the past month. "In regards to earlier news reports about me getting everyone's concern and love, I deeply feel there is love in the world. I would very soon have a collaboration project that would be able to immediately resolve my current problems, and even earlier rescinded the bankruptcy application. Thus I can focus on work and taking care of my wife."

Pang Fat admitted, "Last month's report had particular strong response in the mainland. Even the official media have covered it and described me as 'wife saving hero'. Many people praised me. The next time Universe Film's (Alvin) Lam Siu Keung called and said that two major mainland film production companies wanted to work with me. Before making the film I could work as a producer and editor first. I handed over a script for them to approve. I couldn't believe that everything would be taken care of in a month."

No comments:

Post a Comment