Wednesday, January 17, 2024

[2024.01.18] ANDY LAU BLAMES HIMSELF FOR HIS STARS' INJURIES

Eddie Peng praises Ka Tung's patience at work, privately he is also very cute
courtesy of on.cc

Andy Lau (right) wants to make a comedy and be absurd with Gordon Lam (left) and Eddie Peng (center)

Eddie Peng remembers having 200 wine bottles thrown at him

Gordon Lam (right) has many fight scenes, and even reveals that he is injured the most severely
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Jason Kwan Chi Yiu directed, Andy Lau Tak Wa produced and starred, Gordon Lam Ka Tung, Eddie Peng Yu-Yan and Cya Liu starred crime action film I DID IT MY WAY (CHIM HUNG) is heating up in release. Earlier Wa Jai with Ka Tung and Peng Yu-Yan spoke to the media together and shared their production experience. Ka Tung and Peng Yu-Yan both got hurt during the shoot. Ka Tung even injured his rib and had to be sent to the hospital right away. However all three looked forward to working together again. Wa Jai even revealed that he even came up with the title already, GUM MAN DAI LO BAN (TONIGHT BOSS FIGHT).

The film was shot last year, Wa Jai said that before the pandemic he has already asked Peng Yu-Yan to play a cop. At the time everyone relied on the internet to communicate, to later during the official production and completion he hoped that this character would bring Peng to new possibilities in the future; as for Ka Tung they have worked together countless times over the years.

In the film the trio had many action scenes. Peng Yu-Yan was cut by glass, but he said, "It's fine, just a little one! Brother Ka Tung's injury was more severe." Ka Tung pointed out that he was minor too, injuries were very normal. At the time he was careless; with the long production and the hot weather, he had heat exhaustion from sweating and he problem came. Wa Jai pointed out that at the time Ka Tung was making two fight scenes at once. At the time he was asked to rehearse too and he said no. Ka Tung joked, "Usually it's on impulse." About the actors' injuries, Wa Jai also felt sorry and blamed himself for not controlling too well at the time. In the end Ka Tung tripped and hurt his rib. Ka Tung joked, "The medical staff is really good, cutting off all my clothes; even the pants. Actually it really hurt, but I thought this time you guys saw everything."

Wa Jai also commended Ka Tung for risking his life for every performance. Although he was injured Ka Tung felt it was worth it. "I thought it was worth it! For such a big production, everyone wants to make it good. Actually it wasn't any major problem, the most important is whether the result is pretty or not, cool or not. After the hospital release I had to shoot another fight scene again. At the time I have to wear waist protection." Wa Jai asked Ka Tung out of concern whether it was truly viable, Ka Tung smiled and said, "This is a Brother, on and off screen I feel the love. (Would you need treatment for a long time before recovery?) The doctor said it would naturally heal, and I have pain killers. However I am the 'observatory', any storm or rain I would know."

Wa Jai after 16 years played a villain drug lord again, action scenes were inevitable. He admitted that at this age, he would prepare stunt doubles for action scenes. "Ka Tung and Peng Yu-Yan personally performed. Peng Yu-Yan was just like when I was young, getting yelled at for using a double. Even action director Chin Kar Lok praised Peng Yu-Yan's potential to be an action actor." Peng Yu -Yan said, "Good! I can, I don't know much. What I would learn I would use in the performance later. This time the action scenes Brother Kar Lok designed were much harder than I imagined. Once we shot in a very small space. When I saw Brother Kar Lok having prepared 200 wine bottles, I realized that the bottles would be thrown at me. Although the action scenes were tough, I had a lot of fun making them. In addition we practiced before hand, so they were completed smoothly. Instead the most difficult of the scene in which he went to arrest Wa Jai. "I had to viciously yell at Wa Jai. During rehearsal I was fine, but at the real shoot I was so nervous that I couldn't yell. I had two or three bad takes. Maybe because we just started, Wa Jai's idol image was still there. I had to break through it. I was much better later, I was able to be very mean to him." Did he have any pressure from working with the two elders? Peng Yu-Yan said, "No, even if I have pressure it would still be good; because I can turn it into motivation." He also revealed that the two elders on the set had another face. "On the set they were very different than they are now. Everyone was still in character, very quiet. Now they are very lovable and chatty; sometimes when I wanted to chat with them, they would be very patient. Slowly I realized that at work they would not waste any extra energy, as they wanted to focus on their performance."

Started as actors, Wa Jai and Ka Tung in recent years have become producers. Peng Yu-Yan felt that he still would be happier as an actor. Ka Tung joked, "Do it! It's a lot of fun." Peng Yu-Yan remained firm. "I am too happy from working with them. I don't need to think so much. I am better off improving as an actor before then."

Because of their pleasant collaboration, Wa Jai already had a plan for them to work together again. He even thought of the subject -- comedy. Ka Tung pointed out that the three of them wanted to seriously make a comedy and seriously be absurd. "I truly want to make a comedy, the most important to Hong Kong people is being happy." Wa Jai even revealed that he even came up with the title GUM MAN DA LO BAN (TONIGHT BOSS FIGHT). The boss would be him, but they have not thought of the story yet. As for when it would be completed, Ka Tung immediately gave the duty to the boss Wa Jai. He only knew the money would definitely be there. As a handsome man, would Peng Yu-Yan be able to accept playing ugly. Ka Tung stared at him and said, "Don't waste the make up, this person can't be ugly no matter what." Peng Yu-Yan said that he was very "comedy" and Wa Jai agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment