Saturday, January 20, 2024

[2024.01.21] JOEY YUNG CONCERT FILM SELLS OUT 10 SHOWS

Joey Yung attends audience appreciation shows and play the sea of light with the audience
courtesy of on.cc

Joey Yung has large concert plans in 2025

Joey Yung takes a photo with the audience
courtesy of mingpao.com

Music diva Joey Yung Cho Yi put her concert on the big screen, as soon as they went on sale all 10 shows were sold out. The response was rather enthusiastic! Joey two days go ran all over Hong Kong and Kowloon for audience appreciation shows, and joked that Emperor boss Albert Yeung Sau Sing referred to her as "box office guarantee". She humbly said that she was box office poison, but was able to make the cinemas "full house". It was a great memory!

Yung Cho Yi put her concert MY SECRET LIVE: ANOTHER SIDE on the big screen. With such a passionate response, she made a special announcement that next week more shows would be added, not only in Hong Kong but in Macau as well; so friends who were unable to get tickets would be able to enjoy this performance.

To thank the audience for its support, Joey two days ago with director Kearen Pang Sau Wai started from 4PM to 11PM ran to 8 shows in Kowloon and Hong Kong. They made the audience very happy, and viewers were rather excited and into it. Many fans followed Joey's call and all wore in "bling bling dress code". Inside the cinemas a sea of light and singing in unison often happened, just like the large scale concert. Joey was very touched. Each show's viewers had a lot of fun, crying and laughing and screaming. Some viewers deliberately made the trip from South Africa, England, Canada and other places to watch this film version. Viewers shared their experience afterward and some tearfully thanked Joey for her songs that encouraged them to bravely face what was ahead during the pandemic. Most had nothing but praise and hoped that with the added show to be able to watch a few more times.

A male viewer said, "During the pandemic everyone was very down, thank you for 'the show must go on' and upload concert videos to YouTube. Everyday I have been here listening to your songs again. Later your TOKYO LIFE INSURANCE also appeared during the pandemic, which gave me a lot of energy to tough it out. Thank you very much."

Another viewer said that actually he has already seen this concert at the Academy of Performing Arts. Each time he would be moved to tears, but today at the cinema he cried much worse than at the Academy of Performing Arts. Joey was very surprised and asked, "Why?" The viewer answered, "Because your songs can scoop people up from the abyss, thank you." The audience cheered and applauded. Many viewers said in the film, Joey shared her friends with her classmate "Fat Ma" and they were very touched. No matter how many times they watched they would be moved to tears.

Moving her concert to the big screen, Joey said that it felt like a dream and was excited. "The IMAX screen is enormous, it's the first time I see such a super gigantic me. Magnified 100 times, I really have to thank my Mommy because I couldn't see my pores, haha. Although I watched the cut many times, and earlier I watched it at the movies myself; watching it again today I realized that on such a big screen really nothing could hide. I saw many details only today, like my sweating, how the back of my clothes is all wet...I saw myself pouring my heart into singing and performing every song, I didn't disappoint the audiences of 34 shows. I really want to praise myself a little. (Some viewers say they are waiting for you to be nominated for the Hong Kong Film Awards Best Actress with this film) Boss Yeung Sau Sing joked that I am now a box office guarantee, not box office poison, haha! I don't dare to force this; this box office poison can make a cinema full house. I can already write that into my life chronicle. It's a very good memory! If I would be nominated I would be happy, as I can try walking the Hong Kong Film Awards red carpet, haha!" A fan asked Joey when she would perform another concert. Joey revealed that later she would perform in Macau, in 2025 she would have a large scale concert project.

Joey's Mama, little brother two nights ago came to show their support as well. Joey's Mama even said that watching on the screen felt very happy and safe, while little brother held up his daughter to greet her aunt in a rather cute way -- like in the movie THE LION KING.

No comments:

Post a Comment