Tuesday, January 16, 2024

[2024.01.17] JENNIFER YU LEARNS TO ENJOY ACTING THANKS TO JOHN CHIANG

Jennifer Yu is happy that her acting is recognized

John Chiang
courtesy of mingpao.com

Jennifer Yu Heung Ying yesterday as a eye health ambassador played eye protection games with almost 200 children at a Kowloon Tong kindergarten. As a mother of two, she patiently instructed the young children to try covering their eyes and had snacks. Privately she has also begun to teach her children to protect their eyes.

Recently Yu Heung Yi with the film IN BROAD DAYLIGHT (BAK YUN JI HA) received the Hong Kong Film Critic Society "Best Actress" award. She felt very happy that her acting has been recognized, even her two year old daughter complimented her. She said that when she go the news she was already celebrating with her family. "Kaki Sham and Lam Yiu Sing have a poon choi business and send over a basin of it to me. It was delicious. I opened a bottle of wine and had a little with her younger sister." She thanked Papa for giving her a good name that brought an award to her. "My friend (Henick) Chou Hon Ning studies name metaphysics. He praised my name for having four fortune characters in it. My Papa gave me that name. I would have friends and life would have good luck." She also pointed out that her mother in law named her children, which had meaning of good health and ample energy.

She thanked the director and the cast and crew for her acting being recognized. Would she have pressure on her acting? Yu Heung Ying admitted that she once felt a lot of pressure on her acting. "Earlier I have chatted with elder Chiang Dai Wai (John Gor). He taught me for every performance I should treat myself like a new comer, erase all the baggage before, properly enjoy the process, and not to give myself pressure. He got to me, so I wouldn't have any pressure."

Has her husband rewarded her with any present? She pointed out that she already had a lot of material and did not need too many presents. She would rather donate the money to charity. For example for her daughter's birthday, because she already had a lot of toys, she told her that she would send gifts on her behalf to charity; or give old toys and clothes to people in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment