Saturday, January 20, 2024

[2024.01.21] ANDY LAU SNEAKS INTO CINEMAS TO SEE THE AUDIENCE REACTION

Andy Lau sits in the last row to experience the audience reaction

Andy Lau takes a group photo with the audience
courtesy of mingpao.com

The Andy Lau Tak Wa produced and starred, Jason Kwan Chi Yiu directed, Gordon Lam Ka Tung, Eddie Peng Yu-Yan, Cya Liu starred crime action film I DID IT MY WAY (CHIM HUNG) has already entered its second week in Hong Kong. As of January 19th, the film after 9 days accumulated close to HK$ 10 million. Two nights ago Wa Jai after the opening day went to three shows and appeared again at cinemas for audience appreciation events. Not only did he surprise the audience, he also snuck into the audience to observe the audience's reaction in close distance.

When viewers caught Wa Jai, not only did they feel surprised but also cheered. A 10 year old fan even went with Daddy and Mommy. Wa Jai smiled and said, "I would keep making movies, I hope your grandchildren would come then too." Wa Jai also fulfilled everyone's request and took a group photo with the entire audience and thanked everyone for their support.

Speaking of the fans' passionate response, at his second audience appreciation event Wa Jai said that he was very happy. "I really haven't been in Hong Kong to be able to watch my own movie from release to its second week for a very long time, so I deliberately went to the cinema to experience the live atmosphere. For one show I even sat in the last row to experience the response of them watching the film to the very end. I saw how good the response was and I was very happy myself."

Wa Jai stated that the last time he had a similar experience was already many years ago. "Only with late shows before, even in the 90s, and especially after 2000 I very rarely would really sit at the show. I would go to premieres; but when I really see the everyday audience's reaction, that feeling is very different."

As the producer as well, Wa Jai of course cared about everyone's reviews. From fans he learned that everyone praised the film's use of AI technology on the newborn baby. Its appearance and acting were rather realistic. Some also praised the film's action scenes as exciting, Wa Jai credited action director Chin Kar Lok. "I hope in the future action films with drama flavor would become more and more, and would be able to have action scenes like the ones Chin Kar Lok designed. So whether with gun fights or action, I hope they would be closer to the story." Wa Jai also admitted that he wanted to take more time to participate in audience appreciation events.

No comments:

Post a Comment