Sunday, March 20, 2022

[2022.03.21] ANITA, THE FIRST GIRL I LOVED WIN AWARDS IN OSAKA

ANITA wins the Audience Award and the Competition Special Mention
courtesy of singtao.com
courtesy of on.cc

The Louise Wong Dan Nei starred film ANITA (MUI YIM FONG) at the 17th Osaka Asian Film Festival won two awards, including the audience voted audience prize and the competition special mention. The Yeung Chiu Hoi and Ng Wing Shan directed, Renci Yeung Si Wing and Hedwig Tam Sin Yin starred film THE FIRST GIRL I LOVED (HEI FOON NEI SI NEI) won the "ABC TV Award". Due to the pandemic, the cast and the crew of both films were unable to personally attend the award ceremony.

Wong Dan Nei happily said, "I am very honored to have taken part in ANITA. This film is able to win two awards this time. Back then Sister Mui at the Tokyo Music Festival also won two awards, which made the whole thing even more meaningful. I sincerely wish and hope that the film ANITA would be able to go even further, for even more people to know the inspirational story of our legendary Hong Kong diva. Thank you very much!"

ANITA's director Longman Leung said, "Thank you the Osaka Film Festival jury, also to Japanese friends who like ANITA. Sister Mui often mentioned that she really liked Japan. The awards have been a great encouragement to our team. I hope that the pandemic would pass as soon as possible and we would be able to meet again."

First time director of THE FIRST GIRL I LOVED, Yeung Chiu Hoi happily said, "I really didn't expect it, what a surprise! Earlier when I found out about the selection it was already like a victory. Such a large scale film festival with so many Asian films, I felt very honored to have a film participating. I just got the news of the award and I am still emotional. I don't know if it's real or not. I am very grateful that this film has won awards in Hong Kong, England, Australia and Japan. I never would have guessed that the first film I directed would have so many people who liked it at so many film festivals. This is a movie that belongs to Hong Kong, in the future I would make even more films for the audience to enjoy. (Would the award be a shot of confidence?) It is, but I still have a lot of shortcomings. I need to put an effort into learning. This award has made me feel very lucky. I hope to share it with the team."

No comments:

Post a Comment