Tuesday, February 25, 2020

[2020.02.26] LIZA WANG, EDMOND LEUNG PAY RESPECTS TO THEIR SINGING MENTOR


courtesy of mingpao.com

Edmond Leung
courtesy of on.cc
Susan Shaw, Liza Wang and Hai Sau Lan
courtesy of singtao.com

Famous singing instructor Pau Pui Lei passed away on the 17th. Yesterday services took place at the Universal Funeral Parlor. The hall was decorated elegantly in white. A color photo of Pau Pui Lei with a brilliant smile was accompanied with heart shaped floral arrangements from her three children, granddaughter and son in law at the center.

Around 5PM, Liza Wang Ming Chuen, Edmond Leung Hon Man, Hai Sau Lan arrived to pay their respects. Ah Jeh and Hai Sau Lei stayed for over half a hour and left together. Ms. Pau was Ah Jeh's first singing instructor. Ah Jeh said, "She was very talented and had a great voice. Under her guidance I had a great foundation for my early singing. Ms. Pau took in many, many students. (Was Ms. Pau's passing very sudden?) I knew that she has been ailing for awhile, but for a period we didn't have a lot of contact. Hai Sau Lei on the other hand had contact with her, but earlier for my 50th anniversary concert I invited Ms. Pau to attend. After the show she even told me, 'Wang Ming Chuen you did great'. Those words gave me a lot of encouragement." As for Ms. Pau's final wish, she said, "I didn't asked her children. Her family was rather peaceful, ultimately Ms. Pau has been ailing for awhile."

No comments:

Post a Comment