Sunday, April 2, 2023

[2023.04.03] EDAN LUI DENIES ADMITTING TO "FAN EXODUS"

Ian Chan wants a solo concert this year.  Who would be his guest?

Edan Lui says it is normal for fans to come and go
courtesy of on.cc

Edan Lui says that what he saw was people selling stuff online, but not fans actually abandoning his group
courtesy of singtao.com

Edan Lui says that he has never been selling handsome, playing cute is his real bread and butter.

Edan Lui puts on a butterfly hair clip and performs TRIPLE SWEETNESS

Ian Chan says that he has created many songs and hopes to share them with fans at a solo concert

Ivana Wong takes the opportunity to promote her upcoming show

Kaho Hung says his allergy affected his performance
courtesy of mingpao.com

MIRROR's Edan Lui Cheuk On and Ian Chan Cheuk Yin, Kaho Hung, Ivana Wong Yuen Chi two nights ago performed at the POPFEST HKT West Kowloon Music Festival. Edan wore a hair clip and performed girl group Lolly Talk's TRIPLE SWEETNESS, played cute and danced for fans. He even brought out the MIRROR's "fan exodus" wave, clarifying that he never admitted it. He felt that even if someone wanted to it would be their personal choice. Fan would come and go, so they did not need to deliberately try to bring back fans who left. Chan Cheuk Yin revealed that he wanted to perform a solo concert and hoped that it would happen this year.

Ian and Edan performed at the festival. Ian first performed 6 songs. He said that he has not sung so many in a very long time, so he was a little nervous. He admitted that he really wanted to perform a solo concert because he had many songs that he created. He knew their concept and progression and wanted the opportunity to perform them live. He hoped to be able to do it this year. Would he hope the company to promote his songs more? Ian said, "The company would, I haven't deliberately reflected that to the company. The fans would. I would focus on the music, I believe the company would promote for me." Speaking of the MIRROR movie WE 12 (12 GWAI DOH), Ian revealed that his character would be more mild mannered, rely on his mind and not need to fight. He revealed that he would have a car chase scene. "I am very exciting. When I had meetings with the car stunt team I already thought it would be a lot of fun. I am not worried about the danger and would take all the safety measures."

Edan followed. Host Thor Lok Chun Wai first asked the audience to listen to Edan's recording. Edan in a deep voice said, "Hi everyone, I am Edan. Suddenly I don't feel so well, I may not be able to see everyone." Then he joked, "Happy April Fools' Day, I can't stand it anymore." When he appeared on the stage, the evening was brought to its climax. He sked, "Did anyone believe it? No? Come on! I thought of many pranks, like the microphone has no sound, the piano has no sound, but no one would believe it. Maybe I cried wolf too many times." He played and sang MR. E'S SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS, then he sang TRIPLE SWEETNESS and put on hair clips with the dancers to sing and dance. They played cute for the fans and made them scream. After that he thanked the dancers for accepting his shameless request.

Edan brought up the reported MIRROR "fan exodus". "Lately the 'fan exodus' has been talked about. I never admitted it, but many facebook posts say Edan admitted the 'fan exodus'. That doesn't matter, don't get mad. However 'fan resignation' is a personal choice, 'resigned fans' still exists in the universe of love." He then sang LOVERSE and closed out the performance with MY APPLE PIE.

Edan said that on a rare April Fools' Day show, he was having a little "fool" fun with everyone. However no one believed it. Speaking of the MIRROR "fan exodus", Edan clarified, "The last time I was asked whether there was a 'fan exodus', I said, "Really? I don't know.' but that was misunderstood. That doesn't matter though, I would say it gain. I don't feel there is a 'fan exodus'. This comment is because I saw some people selling several fan support photos on social media, it's not a collective phenomenon. From the start to now we have had fans who would no longer follow us. I don't feel it's a big deal. We don't feel there really is a 'fan exodus'."

How would he bring the fans back? Edan felt that there would be no need. Fans are still here, they come and go. "Why not say how to get more fans, keep making the work better and more good songs. Like this show has other singers' fans, they feel I danced pretty well, pretty funny. Each performance is a valuable opportunity, I wouldn't plan to get fans." He revealed that later MIRROR would appear at an event in its entirety.

No comments:

Post a Comment