Monday, April 17, 2023

[2023.04.18] LOUISE WONG APOLOGIZES FOR BEING UNABLE TO READ THE WINNER'S NAME

Louise Wong does not know how to read Mak Tin Shu's "Shu" and asks Terrance Lau for help
courtesy of on.cc

courtesy of mingpao.com

Louise Wong Dan Nei and Terrance Lau Chun Him two nights ago presented the Best Screenplay Award at the Hong Kong Film Awards. The award went to DETECTIVE VS. SLEUTHS (SUN TAM DAI JIN)'s Wai Ka Fai, Ryker Chan Wai Bun and Mak Tin Shu, but Wong Dan Nei was stuck after saying "Mak Tin". She asked Lau Chun Him, "How do you read this word?" Lau Chun Hin did not seem to know either and in the end they just skipped the word. Some online criticized them for being unprofessional, in particular more online questioned whether Wong Dan Nei did her homework before hand. Yesterday Wong Dan Nei apologized on her social media story. "Last night at the Awards my performance was less than ideal, I feel very sorry to both the Awards and the recipients. I truly have no excuse for this situation, and I am willing to learn this lesson. From now on I would certainly work hard to do even better and be more responsible on all jobs. I hope in the future if I am lacking in other areas, everyone please continue to provide more advice."

No comments:

Post a Comment