Saturday, April 29, 2023

[2023.04.29] LOKMAN YEUNG AND PETER CHAN CHARM MAN FEEL FORTUNATE TO HAVE PERSISTED

Lokman Yeung and Peter Chan say that they have thought about changing jobs many times

Ng Wing Sze says actors are very passive, but as long as they persist they would run into opportunities

Lokman Yeung plays a cafe owner's son who has violent tendencies

Ng Wing Sze receives great reviews for her performance
courtesy of mingpo.com

MIRROR's captain Lokman Yeung, Peter Chan Charm and Ng Wing Sze starred in MAD FATE (MING ONG), which was MakerVille's first film. They had no box office pressure, feeling that actors were responsible for making the movie and playing the roles well. They could not control anything else. The trio in the film resisted hard in hopes of being able to change their fate. In real life Lokman and Chan Charm Man did not dare to say whether people could beat destiny, but on their performing art journey because they persisted they were able to be recognized by viewers now, have more performance opportunities. They revealed that they have thought about quitting performing art work and switching jobs.

Lokman before participating in KING MAKER was a dancer. Because of few job opportunities his income was not steady. He often thought about changing jobs. He said, "Whenever I wanted to change jobs I got work, as soon as I did I would work for several month. With income then I had the motivation to continue and tough it out, so I couldn't leave this industry no matter how I tried. If I didn't persist, gave up in the middle, making the Cheang Pou Soi directed MAD FATE would be impossible for me. So it is fate."

Started on the stage, Chan Charm Man said that his experience was similar to Lokman's. He constantly thought about changing jobs, but because he loved acting he would work on student films that did not pay much. He took one step after another to reach where he is now. He said, "Once I ran into a bottleneck, my artistic level was not elevated. I seemed to have reached a dead end. In addition I wasn't making much, so I once worked part time at a theme park and got an insurance agent license. Ultimately I was unwilling, I never gave up being an actor."

Ng Wing Sze has been in the business for 10 years, saying that actors were very passive. New comers in particular have yet to have any film release, so they could only quietly wait. She said, " I held onto the belief that I like acting, of course I have times that I would be disappointed. I would then ask myself whether I want to persist. I believe that if I keep going I would run into opportunities." Cheang Pou Soi in Gordon Lam Ka Tung's eyes was an "inhuman director", but Ng Wing Sze felt that the director was very gentle. "The director is great on the set, each time after finishing a shot he would be concerned about me and I would immediately have heart eyes." Lokman also praised the director for performing very well. "I feel the director deserves the credit. He keeps on pushing me, so I would break through my limits." Chan Charm Man revealed that Lokman after making the film has completely transformed. When they reunited for the series IN GEEK WE TRUST, even his group mate Frankie Chan Shui Fai sensed Lokman has changed.

Lokman in the film played a cafe owner's son who had violent tendencies. He had to snap rubber bands on himself to control his desire to kill. In reality what desires would they have? Ng Wing Sze hoped that she would be able to run into good scripts and characters. Lokman agreed. "On the actor's journey I definitely want to run into a good script, a good character and a good team. This is exactly the reason no one changed their jobs." Chan Charm Man joked, "I want to be the 13th member of MIRROR. I don't excel in singing, it is purely a desire."

No comments:

Post a Comment