Sunday, April 9, 2023

[2023.04.10] CECILIA CHOI HOPES TO CHALLENGE DIFFERENT CHARACTERS

Cecilia Choi is grateful to have exchanges with Best Actress Sylvia Chang in LIGHT
courtesy of on.cc

Cecilia Choi Sze Wan earlier talked about her new film on HOY TV. Cecilia in the film played Sylvia Chang's daughter, for which she felt super honored. "In the process of working with Sister Chang, I sensed that she wouldn't treat us new actors like kids. I had a feeling that I was being respected, because she would treat us as professional actors. She would then listen to our exchanges about the performance. We would also communicate over acting, so I am very grateful that she didn't treat us like children and respected us. Everyone got along just like professional actors." Cecilia liked the ending with Sister Chang the most. "I don't know why that moment is very touching, a kind of very triggered emotion suddenly flooded out and felt like a very delicate mother and daughter feeling."

Winning Best Actress at age 25 with BEYOND THE DREAM (WAN OI), Cecilia felt that she was very lucky. "My first lead movie role was BEYOND THE DREAM, which was already a character with a lot of room to perform with. However I feel each character can have room to play. I can find similarities and differences within. The characters I have played are too mild mannered, I would soon finish playing all the professionals like therapist, social worker. This time I played an architect, which had a very righteous feeling. I hope to be able to challenge different characters. As an actor, as a container, I hope to be able to have even more different colors."

When asked what was the foulest thing Cecilia has said, she said that she would use some more vulgar foul language. "Some directors asked me, Ceci would you know how to use foul language, you probably wouldn't use it! They would feel that way and I would smile and say, I don't know? Sometimes it's normal human behavior. Sometimes when I get very mad, I have to use those words to express myself; which is very normal. When I am in a public place, I don't want to be a bad influence on children so I would need to control myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment