Sunday, April 23, 2023

[2023.04.24] CYA LIU HIDES HER FANDOM WHILE WORKING WITH ANDY LAU

Cya Liu would like to try work outside of acting and would not mind working on a reality show

Cya Liu works with Best Actors Gordon Lam and Andy Lau and jokes that she has won Best Actress before hand, otherwise she would be no match for them
courtesy of mingpao.com

Cya Liu last year with the LIMBO (JI CHI) won the Hong Kong Film Award Best Actress and instantly became the new film industry favorite, working with many Best Actors Andy Lau Tak Wa, Jacky Cheung Hok Yau, Nicholas Tse Ting Fung, Gordon Lam Ka Tung, Best Actress Karena Lam Ka Yun and others. She admitted that she has benefit a lot and felt very fortunate, which caused some ripples inside. "When I worked with them I would question myself, in other decade or two would I be able to persist like they do, still passionate and focused on this career? I hope I would be able to."

The 34 year old Cya Liu appeared cool but burnt hot within. She seemed to look cold, completely because she was shy and did not have a way with words. The real her had tender, cute, talkative and other sides. Earlier working with Tse Ting Fung, Cheung Hok Yau, Lam Ka Yun, Francis Ng Chun Yu on the film CUSTOMS FRONTLINE (HOI GUAN JIN SIN) and in another film I DID IT MY WAY (CHIM HUNG) with Lau Tak Wa, Lam Ka Tung and Eddie Peng Yu-Yan, she revealed that she deliberately hid her little fan's emotions. "Luckily I won an award, otherwise I would have been afraid of being no match for him. I know many actors would be very nervous when they meet elders like them, but I wasn't. At work I didn't show the slightest of worship. As an actor have to be professional. They also have very strong affinity, their level of concentration on their performance left me in admiration. When everyone chatted on the set, we mostly talked about the script. Working together was pretty pleasant, relaxed. They were Best Actors and Best Actresses, their existences were like gods. I gained experience from working with them, the most important was learning about life."

Wa Jai's A MOMENT OF ROMANCE (TIN YEUK YAU CHING) and Hok Yau's EAGLE SHOOTING HEROES (DONG SING SAI JAU) were both classic films that Cya Liu liked very much. She also has caught on on Wa Jai's recent films, so to be able to work with two elders on film she was secretly elated. "Brother Wa, Brother Hok Yau both said that they would invite me to watch their next concert, and I have successfully joined Brother Wa's WeChat and friend circles. Brother Wa was a superstar and an idol I grew up watching. I regretted a little that when he performed a concert at age 60, I missed it. After making I DID IT MY WAY, he performed a live show on TikTok and had over 300 million views. I dare to ask, in China which male star would be able to be like Brother Wa? I watched too, I was very emotional and posted on WeChat. If you asked me because whom I was a fan of, I might not be say, but now I would say I am Brother Wa's fan."

Cya Liu in CUSTOMS FRONTLINE had more scenes with elder colleague Tse Ting Fung and she thanked him for teaching her kung fu. "Brother Fun is a very professional actor, on the set he always does everything himself. He wouldn't use a double and has taught me about action scenes, gun holding techniques and how hard to punch, but he said we were not professional; unlike them with over 20 years of experience, we definitely wouldn't do it, don't touch anything that would threaten our lives. I know he is protecting the safety of actors. This time he was the action director and gave me few action scenes. I didn't have enough fun. I hope to have even more opportunities next time. I am someone who can take a lot of risks."

Started as a singer, Cya Liu has accomplished even more after switching to film and television work. She joked that she had no natural talent for music. "I like to sing but it doesn't mean that I can do it very well. I don't plan on releasing another song. If I would have a chance to try something outside of acting, like a reality show, I would be willing." Cya Liu in recent years has been commuting between China and Hong Kong, so finding love was very hard. Sometimes she felt that being single was even more carefree. "I really like to stay at home, I am afraid of going to complicated places with a lot of people. Others feel that I have many friends, but few truly are in my heart. Having a few close friends is enough. Romantically I am looking for someone would make me blush and my heart beat faster, which is easier said than done. Love is something that suddenly gets your heart moving, simple and pure. If I consider him being very handsome, very rich, his family background, how highly cultured he is, none of that is love."

No comments:

Post a Comment