Tuesday, April 4, 2023

[2024.04.05] BRIGITTE LIN RECEIVES DOCTORATE DEGREE TO MAKE UP FOR HER MOTHER'S REGRET

courtesy of on.cc

Brigitte Lin receives a honorary doctorate degree for her enormous contribution to culture and the arts
courtesy of mingpao.com

The 68 year old Brigitte Lin (Lam Ching Ha) two days ago received a honorary social science doctorate degree at the Hong Kong University, and was called "a figure Hong Kong film cannot be without". Lam Ching Ha after accepting the honorary doctorate degree with a smile turned around and bowed to the guests in the audience. The audience responded with applause and cheers. Lam Ching Ha said, "I hope that I would be able to express a part of this noble love through words, so this world would become even better."

Lam Ching Ha also posted on social media after receiving the honor. "Thank you Hong Kong University for presenting me with this honorary social science doctorate degree. To be able to receive the honorary doctorate degree with six outstanding people who have made incredible contributions to the world was beyond anything I could have dreamed of. My mother in her youth, due to war and a variety of reasons, was unable to complete her education. This was the greatest regret of her life, so she had a special connection to doctors. Now one day her daughter actually became a doctor, I believe she in Heaven must be able to feel an enormous comfort. The Hong Kong University is an internationally renowned higher education institution. For me to receive such a recognition from it, I am truly very, very honored. I must contribute my best self and do more socially meaning things. This way I would be able to live up to the expectation the Hong Kong University has of me."

Lam Ching Ha in 1973 with the Chiung Yao film OUTSIDE THE WINDOW became an overnight sensation in Taiwan. She was only 19 at the time, and since has been firmly planted in show business for half a century. Lam Ching Ha over the years has received many awards, including the 22nd Asia Pacific Film Festival Best Actress and the 27th Golden Horse Award bst Actress. She eased out of entertainment and transitioned into an author, and her work also has received many literary awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment