Wednesday, October 5, 2022

[2022.10.06] CATHERINE CHAU DOES NOT WANT TO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF EKIN CHENG

Catherine Chau and Gladys Li become good friends after the film and even meet up to waterski

Catherine Chau praises Ekin Cheng as sincere and connected

Gladys Li gives people the impression that she is upset when she does not speak, the misunderstanding leads to a lot of trouble

The girls harasses Ekin Cheng as a group

Catherine Chau thoroughly enjoys the single life before the other half appears
courtesy of mingpao.com

Catherine Chau Ka Yi and Gladys Li Ching Kwan in the film LIFE MUST GO ON (SUM SIU SIM BEI KAU) worked with "god" Dior Cheng Yi Kin. Ka Yi revealed that the "god" would constantly be harassed by the girls of the "Pink Youth Team" and made Ekin feel super embarrassed. With an ambiguous relationship with Ekin in the film, Ka Yi said that they did not have any intimate scene. She stressed that she would not use the job to her advantage and ask the director to add a kiss scene. She and Li Ching Kwan praised Ekin for being sincere, aware, professional and keeping other people's feelings in mind. Playing one of the athletes, Li Ching Kwan admitted that her gloomy appearance would easily attract trouble. Before the shoot she once worried that she would not know how to get along with other actresses. After working with the group of girls they got along harmoniously, and no trouble occurred.

Chow Ka Yi and Li Ching Kwan in the film LIFE MUST GO ON played social worker Ms Yeung and dodge ball "Pink Youth Team" member respectively. Li Ching Kwan in the film due to "loyalty" stood up for a classmate and got into legal trouble. In reality, she felt that she belonged to the righteous. When something happened to her friends she would stand up, but not as fearless as her character. "As I grew older I had more concerns, I would think of the consequences. I worried that I would affect those around me, so I wouldn't be so impulsive." Ka Yi thought that Li Ching Kwan was all guts. Li Ching Kwan said, "Many people thought that I would be like the character, but absolutely not. I am very afraid of conflict with others, unless it's too excessive I wouldn't speak up. I would try to use gentle means to resolve it." Has she been bullied? She said, "Taxi drivers love to pick on me, constantly going out of the way thinking I didn't know the way. While in school I have been boycotted, but at the time I didn't feel it was bullying."

Ka Yi did not know whether guts came first, but she would stand up when she saw injustice. "Maybe because I went to a girls school, I was very manly, more direct. When I saw classmates being bullied I would immediately shout to stop it. On the streets, many times I witnessed the car behind ramming the car in front, the driver in the back would even be loud and mean. I couldn't help myself but stand up and say something."

Before the shoot, Li Ching Kwan and Cloud Wan Ho Ying, Isabella Chan Hoi Ning, Feanna Wong Suk Man, Chung Suet Ying, Sany Song Ka Yi, Viann Li Yu Tsun, and Ocean Wong Yee accepted the dodge ball training for a month. She was happy that she fulfilled her dream of competing with a team in sports. "From childhood, swimming, running, rope jumping and ice skating I have done all by myself. I really want to exercise with a group of people. This time the wish came true. During the training I didn't get hurt, mostly I 'poked fishballs' and got bruised all over." Ka Yi who liked to exercise admitted that she was envious of them. "When I got the script, I was super disappointed to find out that I wouldn't get to play. I could only cheer them on."

When a group of girls worked together trouble was inevitable. Li Ching Kwan felt fortunate that did not happen to her. Everyone got along very harmonious, but before taking the role she did have such concerns because she did not excel in getting along with girls. "Although I went to a girls school, I like to play with boys more. Maybe I have seen how much trouble girls could be." With years in the business, when Ka Yi worked on television has she got into any gossip when working with a group of female artists? She said, "It never got to me, I was very lucky. No gossip has struck me." Li Ching Kwan felt that it was because Ka Yi's personality did not draw dislike. Instead she could not stop attracting trouble. Perhaps when she did not speak she gave people the impression that she was upset. However she was already used to it.

Ka Yi and Li Ching Kwan talked about working with "god" Ekin Cheng, Ka Yi revealed that Ekin was constantly harassed by the "Pink Youth Team" girls. They kept saying "You are very handsome", sang his classic songs, and made Ekin feel super awkward; they praised Ekin for being sincere, aware, professional and kept other people's feelings in mind. Ka Yin and Ekin's on screen relationship might be ambiguous, they had no intimate scene. Has she thought about asking the director to add a kiss scene? Ka Yi said, "I wouldn't use work for personal gain. I focused on the message that dodge ball brought ou, the film's theme wasn't romance."

Speaking of their god, Ka Yi loved Tony Leung Chiu Wai the most; Li Ching Kwan liked Jude Law. Ka Yi said, "Wai Jai is very charming, I like every one of his movie. My favorites are THE GRANDMASTERS (YUT DOI JUNG SI) and SHANG CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS. For the role of Wenwu, he was the only choice. He more than fulfilled the role. Each script in his hands would get extra points. I was very fortunate to have a scene with him in THE GOLDFINGER (GUM SAU JI). From the first time working with my idol my heart didn't race, because that scene was very serious. However I was secretly elated. Wai Jai during the performance as very focused, from him I learned a lot."

Li Ching Kwan said that she used to really like to watch foreign films, a fan of CLOSER's Jude Law. She liked him for being a little blue, talented and carefree. However she did not make him what she would look for in a mate. Li Ching Kwan said that she was the most afraid of her boyfriend's world would revolve around her, without his own life and work. "Of course I hope he would pay attention to me, spend time with me, but I have run into some guys. After meeting me they would drop everything on their hands and spend all their time with me. I was very scared, too much pressure. Do they want me to take care of them?" Not in a hurry to date, Ka Yi had no ideal mate. "I feel listing conditions would be meaningless, you can choose people, people can choose you too, I would leave it to fate."

No comments:

Post a Comment