Sunday, October 16, 2022

[2022.10.17] BOSCO WONG IS A DRONE STRIKE VICTIM?

Bosco Wong makes a cool pose during the gun fight scene

Bosco Wong reveals that the drone already cut his finger and Michael Tse immediately takes a look at the wound

Sisley Choi would take a long vacation after the production wrap.

Bosco Wong and Michael Tse give their all 

Do not let Joel Chan's mild mannered exterior fool you, he is devious in the film
courtesy of on.cc

Bosco Wong Chung Chak and Michael Tse Tin Wa gave their all to their new Shaw film, which had many gun fights and explosion scenes. With scars all over his limbs Bosco had over HK$ 10 million double insurance policy. He revealed that during the shoot a camera drone struck him in the head. Everyone on the set were scared out of their wits. He was afraid that he would be disfigured.

Wong Chung Chak, Tse Tin Wa, Joel Chan Shan Chung and Sisley Choi Si bui earlier worked on their production wrap scene in Tuen Mun for their Shaw film MO GAN YUT JIN. In the story Bosco and Tin Wa teamed up to save Si Bui from captivity. He exchanged fire with villain Chan Shan Chung. The set was ignited with fires lit all over. They had to sneak into the enemy camp as they were just as agile as ever. Bosco since injuring his foot earlier from working on a series reportedly increased his own insurance policy. With the film company's policy his double coverage rate was allegedly over HK$ 10 million.

In the film he and Tin Wa have a lot of action scenes. Neither held back in their performance, as they had bruises all over. Bosco revealed that earlier while shooting on location, he also had a scare. Because the strong wind outdoors the camera drone suddenly fell. At the time he was with Jazz Lam Chi Sin. He said, "When I realized the drone was already on top of my head. Chi Sin and I instinctively hold onto each other, in the end it struck my head and cut up my fingers. Luckily the propeller didn't hit my face, which was great fortune in the misfortune. Actually at the time everyone on the set were very scared. Thinking back we really were all sweating bullets. I was very afraid that I would be disfigured." Luckily his head and finger injuries were not too severe, so he has yet to file an insurance claim.

Bosco worked with Tin Wa again years later, he pointed out that Tin Wa has not changed. "He is still mischievous, and even maintains his usual arrogance. Right now he is the Greater Bay Area variety show king. I look forward to us miscreants (Raymond) Lam Fung, (Ron) Ng Cheuk Hei, Tin Wa making a variety show together. I think we would go nuts from the fun." Tin Wa pointed out that Bosco caused bruises all over him due to the action scene shoots. "He used too much force in his stunts, when I worked with him before it was very comfortable. Now when I got home I would find bruises here and there." Bosco joked, "Do you think I have no bruise, I can't pad the arms and the legs."

This time the film's actors were in constantly close combat, fighting to life and death. Instead lead actress Choi Si Bui could just simply be romantic with Bosco, without the need to use knives and guns. Was she envious about the action scene shoot? She joked, "You can see how mild mannered I am, this time I have all dramatic scenes. All the fight scenes went to them." That night in the story she was held captive, her own stunt was to headbutting Shan Chung with the back of her head. She said, "In the movie I really have no action, which is pretty comfortable. I am purely responsible for watching the guys fight more, I don't have to do anything so in front of them I am very ashamed. In one scene thugs were harassing me, collecting protection money and even slapping me. Bosco showed up to rescue me. He fought one against many, while I just watched him hitting people very coolly from the side." Bosco's face was almost struck by the drone. She said that she was not on the set that day. She also revealed that after the shoot she could finally go on a long vacation. "I really need to proper recharge and find a life. I have been very busy as an actor, so busy that I don't have any life. So as soon as I take a break I would have to find a life. Actually I would just be doing the everyday life stuff."

Playing the villain, Chan Shan Chung not only had to handle a series of gun fights but also had many close combat scenes with Wong Chung Chak. He said, "I haven't played the villain in a very long time. This character also had to be evil yet mild mannered and reserved. He is more devious, so the performance has been a lot of fun. (Were the fights with Bosco fun too?) I have never fought with him like this, but with the stunts the martial art directors gave us we finished most of them in one take. Of course some were done by doubles too, like being thrown and falling from above the warehouse."

He also pointed out that he had an accident when he fought Bosco's double. "Because I had to throw him against the wall, the double had more padding. When I grabbed him my pinky 'poked fishball'. At the time during the shoot I didn't notice, but after 2 takes it started to swell. I had to apply ice immediately, I really haven't been like this in a very long time."

No comments:

Post a Comment